Vice President of Growth
Business Development/Strategic Management | New York, NY | Full Time
The Daily Beast
The Daily Beast delivers award-winning original reporting and sharp opinion from big personalities in the arenas of politics, pop-culture, world news and more. Fiercely independent and infused with irreverent intelligence, The Daily Beast now reaches more than 20 million readers per month. The Daily Beast is based in New York and is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).
Vice President of Growth
The VP, Growth for The Daily Beast Company (TDB) is the senior team member responsible for developing and implementing data-driven traffic growth strategies for all TDB touchpoints, with a particular focus on social, SEO, and partnerships. This role will oversee a team of TK specialists focused on specific growth areas, and will be responsible for managing their work and holding them accountable. The VP, will be the day-to-day senior team member responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships and partnerships with platform companies vital to TDB’s success, esp. Facebook, Twitter, Google and traffic analytics companies. This role will serve as the public face of our most progressive growth efforts, seeking to establish TDB as one of the smartest, most progressive digital publishers in its category.
- Design and implement a traffic growth strategy that results in 30%+ YOY growth in 2016 (monthly avg).
- Devise content distribution strategies on social media, search engines, email, and traffic partnerships
- Monitor trends, strategies and best practices in market and applying knowledge to inform content strategy
- Build and manage team of TK responsible for implementing growth tactics
- Collaborate with Editorial to improve social behaviors of Edit staff and company as a whole
- Collaborate with Sales and Brand Strategy to design and execute content marketing campaigns for leading blue chip advertisers
- Work with Product and Technology to ensure new product development takes full advantage of emerging platforms and growth opportunities, esp. social
- Work with analytics and finance/ops to optimize rescues for maximum (brand appropriate) growth
- Collaborate with Brand Strategy to continually push our Content Marketing offering to remain best-in-class
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders’ in effort to support a culture of data-driven decision-making
Given that social platforms represent the most significant scalable growth opportunity, the successful candidate will have demonstrable success creating and optimizing differentiated social campaigns on Facebook and Twitter, and have experience with Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
Similarly, given that we have an advertising based revenue model, the successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record with social- and content marketing, esp. working with blue chip brands on their circulation/distribution strategies.
3+ years leading social media strategy, audience development and implementation/optimization