Merchandising | Portland, OR
Followers of the latest outdoor trends in gear and apparel: this is for you! Do you have your finger on the pulse of the outdoor industry? Do you live to tackle big problems, create amazing experiences, and take action? Do you go outside as often as you can? And are you motivated to create human-powered adventure? The Clymb is seeking innovative, savvy outdoor enthusiasts to join our ever-growing team as a Senior Buyer. This position is responsible for identifying new and managing existing partnerships with brands to obtain and feature products for our site. The ideal candidates will have 5+ years of buying experience with roots and relationships within the outdoor recreation and active lifestyle worlds. Online flash sale/ecommerce industry experience is a plus.
- Build a diversified product selection and merchandising within your particular category
- Create and nurture vendor relations via telephone, email, and tradeshow travel
- Maximize business opportunity for each buy through analysis of sales history, inventory levels, and brand positioning
- Write Purchase Orders and manage delivery process and deadlines
- Deliver creative assets from vendors to The Clymb’s event production and creative teams
- Continue to be an expert on gear trends and innovation within your categories
- Present new business opportunities to the senior management team
- Significant retail buying experience that includes solid relationships with brand principles
- Proven track record of relationship building, and successful negotiation
- Willingness to take ownership of success in category
- Unrelenting passion for products in your particular category of experience
- In-depth understanding of retail buying processes, inclusive of futures, at-once and SMU models
- Ability to deliver on margin and volume expectations. Industry e-commerce experience preferred
- Strong analytical and PC skills
- Some travel required
- Commitment to The Clymb’s Core Values of Growth, Excellence, Authenticity, and Respect.
The Clymb is a private retail community - connecting premium outdoor brands with passionate, influential end-users. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship have helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. We work hard so we can play hard and we use the gear we sell. If you're as passionate about innovation as you are the outdoors, come join us at our Portland, OR headquarters. Good Things Come to Those Who Clymb™
- Attach your résumé.
- Tell us why you belong here.
- Provide three professional references - include in the cover letter.
- Provide salary history from three most recent jobs - include in the cover letter.