Public Relations Specialist
Communications | Portland, OR
The Public Relations Specialist will become a key contributor on our marketing team, assisting in the development and execution of the company’s public relations and communication strategy. You will be responsible for managing all corporate PR initiatives, including company announcements, crisis communications, analyst and media outreach.
Develop and maintain all PR materials and databases (bios, media kits, background information, media lists, etc.) Create content/story ideas for media opportunities, web content, speaking opportunities. Write, edit, proof read, format and distribute press materials including media advisories, press releases, and feature articles. Develop, cultivate and manage relationships with local and national media outlets as well as influential bloggers. Generate high quality media placements in local/regional/national media.
Respond to media requests, arrange interviews with appropriate spokesperson and coordinate message points. Manage, track and report on result of all PR activities to determine company return-on-investment. Support communications initiatives by writing social media optimized press releases and content. Develop content as needed for integration with strategic partners.
- Significant experience in public relations
- Demonstrated expertise in securing national media coverage
- Superior knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Positive attitude and ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong computer skills- MS Office Suite
- Energy and resourcefulness
- Outdoor, snow sports or action sports interest a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications/Public Relations/Advertising/Journalism/English or related field
Awarded one of Outside Magazine's Best Places to Work, The Clymb is a private retail community - connecting premium outdoor brands with passionate, influential end-users. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship have helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. We work hard so we can play hard and we use the gear we sell. If you're as passionate about innovation as you are the outdoors, come join us at our Portland, OR headquarters. Good Things Come to Those Who Clymb™
- Attach your résumé.
- Tell us why you belong here.
- Provide three professional references - include in the cover letter.
- Provide salary history from three most recent jobs - include in the cover letter.