Merchandising | Portland, OR | Full Time
We’re seeking a Merchandise Analyst to track and analyze merchandise flow across categories to maximize sales and margins. The Analyst will play a key role in providing data on opportunities and risks in order to influence merchandising strategies to react to current and future business trends and opportunities. This position works with key stakeholders across merchandising, operations, engineering and marketing to forecast and manage inventory. The Analyst will work with Merchandisers and Planners to recommend event planning/scheduling based on historical performance, marketing strategies and current sales performance.
· Make recommendations and execute markdowns with merchandise team
· Ongoing daily price management, based on product performance
· Perform Ad Hoc analysis based on historical performance and growth plan
· Support the buyers with regular ad hoc reporting needs
· Support the development, implementation, and execution of new business processes and technology
· Provide feedback to buyers, working within established open to buy plan
· Forecasting Sales, Gross Margin, and Inventory vs. Plan by Department and by Brand/Sale
· 2+years in a merchandise planning role.
· Outstanding Problem-Solving and Analytical skills.
· Strong experience with Microsoft Excel.
· Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and recognize and react to changing work demands.
· Proven ability to manage projects independently and to work as part of a team.
· Excellent interpersonal skills supporting a team environment.
· Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
· Comfortable and confident in making effective autonomous (and group) decisions in a timely manner.
· Goal-oriented with strong ability to stay focused.
· Understanding of merchandising financials and ability to manage profitability.
· Commitment to The Clymb's Core Values of Authenticity, Respect, Growth, and Excellence
Awarded one of Outside Magazine's Best Places to Work, The Clymb is a private retail community - connecting premium outdoor brands with passionate, influential end-users. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship have helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. We work hard so we can play hard and we use the gear we sell. If you're as passionate about innovation as you are the outdoors, come join us at our Portland, OR headquarters. Good Things Come to Those Who Clymb™
· Attach your résumé.
· Tell us why you belong here.
· Provide three professional references - include in the cover letter.
**Provide salary history from three most recent jobs - include in the cover letter.