Administration | Portland, OR
We're seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to assist upper management by providing high-level administrative support. This role is based in our Portland headquarters, and it supports four of our executives, but mainly our two co-founders. The ideal candidate is someone who can act as "Chief of Staff." This is a "right hand" role for someone shines with a clipboard, can keep the team organized, and looks at this as a great opportunity to learn about the company and the industry. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in an executive assistant role will be able to handle a wide range of administrative and executive support tasks and work with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible, and enjoy administrative challenges. The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong MS Office skills, strong knowledge of Google email and calendar system, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
A big part of this role will be oriented around time optimization when there are simply too many demands for the execs' time. The Exec Assistant will handle time, stack rank, prioritize and reassign tasks, and will do logistics gymnastics with travel and the like time for the execs.. Basically, this person is an extension of the executives and knows their biases, quirks, priorities and programming and is goaled to "manufacture" more time for the executives and keep them focused on their top priorities. The EA will also be flexible and pitch in to help on special projects or office needs whenever they arise.
- Supports four executive team members. "Task masters" the leadership team – coordinates off-sites, staff meetings, conference calls, work sessions, review sessions, prep meetings.
- Thinks ahead and helps the exec team plan (e.g., "if we are going to present the plan to the board on 2/15 and to the team on 3/1, here are the 5 meetings you need to have to accomplish this").
- Takes notes, follows up on tasks, assigns actions and owners and helps keep people on task.
- Ensures we have tech and process for certain things. For example, create a centralized system/repository for all Board materials. The Exec Assistant would see this need, set it up, write up instructions, remind people to use it.
- Provides high-level administrative support by handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
- Ensures execs are kept informed of schedules/calls/meetings. Is assertive in keeping execs informed of their schedules. Follows up with all parties if changes are needed.
- Heavy calendar management, requiring strong knowledge of Google calendar, iCal, and MS Outlook/Entourage. Requires interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as consultants, to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings.
- Communicates and handles incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the executive team.
- Assists with preparation of presentation materials.
- Reviews and summarizes miscellaneous reports and documents; prepares background documents and outgoing mail as necessary.
- Arranges travel schedule and reservations for executive management as needed.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously, and follows through on issues in a timely manner.
- 5+ years experience supporting at the executive level
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings
- Strong knowledge of Google Calendar, MS Office, including Word, Excel,
- Experience scheduling travel arrangements for management
- Unrelenting passion for the outdoor, snowsports, cycling and/or action sports a plus
- Initiative - Be proactive in anticipating needs. Be in command of critical situations, tackle problems and take independent action. Follow up. Reschedule when necessary.
- Organization & Planning - Manage a high workload and a variety of responsibilities, prioritize tasks, develop good work processes, manage time and efficiency, handle information flow. Keep information organized and accessible, work systematically/efficiently, manage time well. Establish a course of action for self or execs to accomplish specific goals. Take a methodical approach to planning, scheduling, follow-through, and guiding project processes and resources from start to finish. Manage resources, create contingency plans.
- Responsiveness - React quickly in responding to needs of execs, projects, team, vendors. Prioritize well, act on opportunities, instill urgency in others, meet deadlines.
Awarded one of Outside Magazine's Best Places to Work, The Clymb is a private retail community - connecting premium outdoor brands with passionate, influential end-users. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship have helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. We work hard so we can play hard and we use the gear we sell. If you're as passionate about innovation as you are the outdoors, come join us at our Portland, OR headquarters. Good Things Come to Those Who Clymb™
- Attach your résumé.
- Tell us why you belong here.
- Provide three professional references - include in the cover letter.
- Provide salary history from three most recent jobs - include in the cover letter.