Merchandising | Portland, OR
The Assistant Buyer will focus on supporting the Merchandising Operations Manager to ensure the merchandising calendar is updated completely and accurately. In addition, assistant buyers provide critical support to the merchandising team by working closely with buyers and vendors to finalize PO details. They confirm orders are complete and ready to pass along to our internal partners. Assistant buyers must be detail oriented, organized and ensure accuracy of all information they touch.
- Updating the Merch Calendar daily
- Confirming inbound shipments to ensure event inventory is delivered for planned events
- Adjusting calendar when necessary
- Filling out Clymb purchase order forms
- Gathering UPCs from vendors
- Transferring data from vendor order form to Clymb PO
- Contacting vendors to confirm ship dates
- Reconciling vendor PO confirmation with Clymb PO
- Ability to communicate and coordinate across multiple departments
- Ability to communicate with vendors clearly and effectively, to efficiently gather necessary information
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of the of the retail PO process
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter. Have a knack for accuracy and quality control.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment. Can balance and prioritize multiple tasks and changing objectives.
- Committed to The Clymb's Core Values of Authenticity, Respect, Growth, and Excellence.
The Clymb is a private retail community - connecting premium outdoor brands with passionate, influential end-users. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship have helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. We work hard so we can play hard and we use the gear we sell. If you're as passionate about innovation as you are the outdoors, come join us at our Portland, OR headquarters. Good Things Come to Those Who Clymb™
- Attach your résumé.
- Tell us why you belong here.
- Provide three professional references - include in the cover letter.
- Provide salary history from three most recent jobs - include in the cover letter.