Adventure Travel Program Coordinator
Adventures | Portland, OR | Full Time
Do you have an unquenchable thirst for adventure? Have you ever lived out of a backpack? If you’ve worn out your passport in search of the perfect wave, trail, ski run, or single track – we want to hear from you. The Clymb is looking for detail-oriented professionals, with excellent copywriting skills to support the content and production side of our travel business. The Adventure Travel Program Coordinator may also play a lead role in customer service and focus on supporting the Adventure Travel Program Manager to help with analyzing potential tour operator offers and ensuring timely and accurate invoicing. The ideal candidate will have international travel experience and be able to zip through excel spreadsheets like a ninja! If this sounds like you, read on!
- Draft compelling trip descriptions and proofread, fact-check, and edit as needed.
- Ensure image content and image gathering is completed accurately and efficiently and that it aligns with the brand.
- Coordinate with copywriter for content needs and analysis.
- Accurately load product and event information into data files and prep for deployment.
- Work with the marketing department to communicate the needs and ensure the accuracy of email marketing campaigns related to the product.
- Load all trip images and copy onto the website.
- Play a lead role in all customer service tasks associated with selling travel.
- Execute on aspects of post-trip responsibilities.
o Write purchase orders and coordinate with accounting to ensure timely payment to tour operators.
o Oversee the member survey process, analyzing results and identifying potential issues or opportunities to be addressed and escalating to Program Management team.
- Manage all bookings (inventory), cancellations, and modifications.
- Assist in researching potential trip offerings that align with business goals.
- Support the Program Manager in finalizing new trip offerings &/or occupancy with existing vendors.
- Actively participate in the growth and development of a rapidly growing company.
- Demonstrated passion for international and/or adventure travel.
- Working knowledge in Excel (at least 4 of the following abilities):
o Creating and modifying pivot tables
o Creating database queries
o Creating and applying data validation
o Using VLOOKUP
o Using database functions
o Using conditional formatting
- Unwavering attention to detail, production and results oriented.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; copywriting experience a plus.
- Able to work well with cross-functional team members.
- Able to manage multiple competing tasks and meet deadlines
The Clymb is a private retail community - connecting premium outdoor brands with passionate, influential end-users. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship have helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. We work hard so we can play hard and we use the gear we sell. If you're as passionate about innovation as you are the outdoors, come join us at our Portland, OR headquarters. Good Things Come to Those Who Clymb™
- Attach your résumé.
- Tell us why you belong here.
- Provide three professional references - include in the cover letter.
- Provide salary history from three most recent jobs - include in the cover letter.