Valhalla Confections - Delivery Driver
Delivery | Santa Rosa, CA | Full Time
About This Role
We are currently seeking a professional and efficient Delivery Driver / Production Associate to join our Valhalla Distribution and Manufacturing teams. We are looking for someone who is reliable, honest, hardworking, and who takes pride in the quality of their work. The Delivery Driver / Production Associate will be required to perform two primary functions between two teams, Distribution and Manufacturing:
Distribution Description: You will be responsible for safely transporting cannabis-infused products to licensed dispensaries while adhering to all California State Regulations. The Driver will also be tasked with processing and packing orders for delivery, as well as routinely operating dispatch software when needed.
Production Description: When not making deliveries, you will transition to the Production team. Here, you will be responsible for constructing, filling, labeling, sealing, and organizing packages and cases while adhering to all California State Regulations. You may be routinely pulled from packaging responsibilities to assist other team members in multiple aspects of the manufacturing business. The position can be repetitious and may require sitting for long periods of time.
Valhalla is a professional cannabis manufacturing and distribution company with a national reputation for excellence. The Delivery Driver / Production Associate is responsible for executing that same high level of customer service at each dropoff while safely navigating a commercial delivery van on predetermined routes representing Valhalla in a professional manner throughout.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
● Drive and deliver cannabis-infused products from Valhalla headquarters to clients in the greater Bay Area.
● Must safely and efficiently operate a provided refrigerated commercial van
● Obey all local, state and federal traffic and driving laws
● Adhere to routing guidelines and parameters to deliver according to schedule and Bureau of Cannabis Control requirements
● Prepare delivery vehicle for operation by inspecting general condition; check vehicle for damage and communicate any concerns to your supervisor
● Address, report, and/or resolve customer complaints and escalate service issues in an expedient manner
● When needed, obtain payment for product by accepting cash or checks
● Assist in opening and closing delivery order processing areas daily
● Process, package and label orders in preparation for delivery
● Maintain delivery manifests and required Bureau of Cannabis Control documentation
● Provide excellent customer service
● Maintain an accurate delivery log
● Assist with the cleaning, maintenance, and upkeep of delivery vehicle
● Maintain iOS devices and other necessary hardware
● Communicate professionally and regularly with Delivery Team Members and Manager
● Facilitate communication to our delivery members via iOS devices
● Maintain strict confidentiality with customer information
● Operate delivery dispatch software
● Put finished products into final compliant packaging
● Inspect packaging and products to guarantee they are free of flaws and assembled correctly
● Apply any stickers or stamps to packaging as required
● Complete tasks efficiently to meet or exceed daily quotas for packaging
● Understand the needs of the company and work with team members to achieve goals
● Employees must adhere to all operational standards and guidelines, including food quality and safety, individual and team safety, as well as cleanliness and sanitation.
● Must follow previously established SOP’s for packaging all products manufactured in the kitchen.
● Must adhere to all Company policies and procedures
● Keep assigned areas clean and sanitized
● Various office tasks
● Flexibility in an ever-changing regulatory landscape.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
● Ability to manage time well
● Basic math skills and proficiency with cash handling
● Basic computer and information technology skills
● Ability to communicate with other team members and customers in all situations
● Ability to adhere to the highest customer service with staff and the public at all times
● Ability to maintain high standards in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment
● Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations
● Possess a high level of organization, patience, and flexibility
● Ability to obtain Food Handlers Certification and/or any California certification required.
Required Education and Experience
● Prior delivery experience (1 year)
● Experience working in the cannabis industry highly desirable
● Customer service experience highly desirable
● Must be at least 21 years old
● Valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record
● High School diploma, GED, or equivalent in professional and life experience
● Must be able to pass a criminal background check
● Must be authorized to live and work in the U.S.
● Must sit and stand constantly; walk frequently; reach and twist/turn with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
● Ability and license to operate a motor vehicle, follow all traffic laws, read and comprehend traffic signs
● Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
● Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work under stressful conditions, as well as irregular hours, may be required. Exposure to toxic substances and other conditions common to a Cannabis manufacturing environment may routinely be encountered.
Delivery Driver works primarily in a company vehicle, Valhalla headquarters, and in a busy retail environment while making deliveries. Execute deliveries using a company vehicle amidst traffic, pedestrians, construction, etc.
Compensation and Benefits
● Competitive Rate of Pay
● Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Vision) after 90 day introductory period
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for personnel so classified.
Valhalla is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Valhalla is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability, citizenship or veteran status. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of State regulations.