State Flower Cannabis - Outside Sales Representative - SoCal
Sales | Long Beach, CA | Full Time
Do you have experience selling cannabis? Are you looking for a great opportunity in the cannabis industry? State Flower and Valhalla Confections are seeking a highly qualified self-motivated results-oriented sales professional in the Southern California region to drive revenue with current clients and build new relationships. We are looking for the right dedicated individual capable of working independently, as well as working with a dynamic team to accomplish work objectives. Commitment, Excellence, Relationship skills, and Dependability are the non-negotiable core values. We are looking for a highly driven professional motivated individual who is an exceptionally quick learner. The right candidate will have demonstrated excellence in building relationships internally and externally while also having shown an ability to generate revenue.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop meaningful relationships with retail store owners, managers, and staff.
- Contribute to a positive & energetic environment
- Maintain professional standards in marketing, sales & customer service to promote products and services.
- Generate leads and sales opportunities by means of web research, attending expos, events, networking, etc.
- New account acquisition & customer retention
- Interact with customers daily to review current promotions, provide service quotes and sign on new accounts.
- Work strategically on sales campaigns.
- Effectively communicate thoughts and ideas with peers.
- Plan and organize daily work schedule to call on existing and/or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Knowledge of inventory and wholesale menu.
- Study existing and potential dispensaries and revenue-generating outlets
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Maintain inventory presence, order and client communication via CRM.
- Input tracking orders via CRM.
- Monitor Accounts Receivable.
- Provide consistent communication with Inventory Managers.
- Provide customers with accurate product pricing and delivery information.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, annual reports and sales trends with management.
- Work closely with the marketing team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess personal knowledge of the medicinal effects of cannabis and cannabis products.
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and customers in all situations.
- Ability to adhere to the highest customer service with staff and the public.
- Ability to maintain high standards in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to problem-solve issues effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledgeable on strains, genetics, growing, and effects of cannabis and medication.
- Possess a high level of organization, patience, and flexibility.
- Demonstrated passion to serve the medical cannabis community and local neighborhoods.
- Basic computer and information technology skills
- Proficiency in Google Docs and Microsoft Office Suite.
Required Education and Experience:
- Experience working in the medical cannabis industry highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Established cannabis industry relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in professional and life experience.
- Wholesale experience.
- Experience and proficiency with relationship management software (CRM).
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be authorized to live and work in the U.S.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Possession of CDL and clean driving record and appropriate automobile insurance coverage.
- Must speak/write English proficiently
- Employee works remotely and will be required to make frequent visits to various busy retail store locations with moderate to high noise levels.
- May require traveling to other office locations for off-site meetings as required by the job.
- Stand constantly.
- Walk frequently.
- Frequent travel.
- Reach and twist/turn with hands and arms.
- Climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Base Rate plus commission
- Mileage reimbursement
- Excellent Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Vision, Commuter Benefits)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Staff Discounts
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for personnel so classified.
State Flower Cannabis and Valhalla Confections is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability, citizenship or veteran status. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.