Social and Digital Marketing Coordinator
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The Social & Digital Marketing Coordinator will assist the brand and marketing teams in managing and implementing our social media, e-marketing and website strategies across our digital platforms and channels for all Apothecarium retail stores, as well as our in-house brands. You will be responsible for the management of the content calendar, marketing assets and execution of the social media and digital platform strategies, as well as tracking and optimizing campaign performance within each channel.
The Apothecarium prides itself on giving customers access to a wide variety of appropriately priced cannabis products in a safe, well-appointed setting. Recognizing that consumers need accurate, trusted and helpful cannabis information, The Apothecarium prioritizes customer service and cannabis education. We believe in, invest in, and deliver, skilled and trained cannabis consultations and consumer experiences that enhance and enrich our customers’ lives and wellness. Currently, The Apothecarium services the greater Bay Area through brick-and mortar retail, online pre-ordering and home delivery. The Apothecarium owns and manages two house cannabis brands: State Flower Cannabis and Valhalla Confections. State Flower cultivates premium, small-batch indoor flower in San Francisco. Valhalla Confections is a leading cannabis gummy and chocolate manufacturer in Santa Rosa
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate and support The Apothecarium’s mission and values
- Support our director of marketing and marketing managers in the cohesive and consistent execution of our brand identity and messaging
- Proficiency managing social media and digital software and services; e.g Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, SproutSocial/Hootsuite, SquareSpace, WordPress, Mailchimp, POS, SMS text services, etc.
- Develop, implement and manage our social media and digital strategies while maintaining brand standards
- Manage multiple social media accounts and schedule daily posts, stories and highlights with creative captions, hashtags and compliance information
- Organize, edit and own photo and video content and assets
- Create feeds with strong visual appeal and aesthetic that adhere to brand(s) identity
- Work with colleagues and vendors to ensure content is informative and engaging
- Respond to all customer engagements such as DMs and comments as well as creating engagement by asking questions, hosting giveaways, and utilizing various platform tools (such as polls, quizzes, etc)
- Passion for social media and staying on top of current trends, industry hashtags and algorithmic changes in the effort to strategically optimize all digital platforms
- Collaborate closely with the companies whose products we sell in our dispensaries on promotions and co-marketing
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network
- Regularly review social media analytics, send monthly report to management team, and base posting schedule, hashtags, etc. around these analytics
- Update content and optimize SEO for websites as necessary
- Assist managerial team with content creation, drafts, scheduling, and other items as requested
- Maintain MailChimp email lists and create/schedule/send periodic email blasts
- Maintain attention and adherence to cannabis marketing messaging compliance as outlined by the state of California, local municipalities and under the direction of our compliance manager
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including skilled copywriting abilities
- Sharp attention to details
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Entrepreneur can-do attitude to find ways to break down growth barriers
- Ability to thrive in chaos and resolve ambiguity with creative problem solving
- Proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office Suites
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including occasional evenings, weekends and some holidays to meet the needs of the business
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S., be at least 21 years old and must pass a criminal background check.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; marketing, communications or related field preferred
- 3-5 years of marketing and social media experience
- Cannabis, retail and/or e-commerce experience highly preferred
- Experience in photography, photo editing, graphic design and videography preferred
- Basic abilities in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) desirable
- Present a professional image in appearance, actions and verbal communication
- Demonstrate ownership, accountability, initiative and quality of work
- Familiarity with paid (and organic) tactics and business management tools on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google, etc.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and content management systems
- Proven marketing experience: agency, retail, and/or e-comm industry experience preferred
- Strong omni-channel marketing skills; in-store, digital, social media, advertising, etc.
- A proven track record of success with examples of social media feeds you have managed that show a cohesive brand identity, aesthetic appeal, creative captions, huge follower engagement, steady growth, and viral content.
- On occasion may work in a busy retail store with moderate to high noise levels
- Position is primarily located in San Francisco, CA, however, may require traveling to other office locations for off-site meetings and other activities as required by the job.
- Occasional standing; walk frequently; reach and twist/turn with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Commuter Benefits, and FSA)
- Paid vacation
- Employee Discount on products
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for personnel so classified.
The Apothecarium is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability, citizenship or veteran status. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.