Director, Retail Marketing - The Apothecarium
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About The Apothecarium
The Apothecarium, founded in 2011, is a full-service medical and recreational cannabis dispensary with California locations in San Francisco, Berkeley and Capitola. Las Vegas, Pennsylvania and New Jersey are also home to The Apothecarium dispensaries.
The Apothecarium prides itself on giving customers access to a wide variety of appropriately priced cannabis products in a safe, well-appointed setting. Recognizing that consumers need accurate, trusted and helpful cannabis information, The Apothecarium prioritizes customer service and cannabis education. We believe in, invest in, and deliver, skilled and trained cannabis consultations and consumer experiences that enhance and enrich our customers’ lives and wellness. Currently, The Apothecarium services the greater Bay Area through brick-and-mortar retail, online pre-ordering and home delivery.
Work Environment & Culture
The Apothecarium has carefully cultivated a work environment in which our team members are always challenged to grow personally and professionally. Our company is determinedly progressive, creative and intelligent. We nurture these qualities by employing people who share our passion for medical and recreational cannabis, innovation, and active participation in the communities we serve.
Our company culture is unique, distinguished by an uncommon blend of courtesy, compassion, and intellectual energy. We seek those who can bring diverse life experiences and inspired ideas to our work and neighbors who count on us. We raise our bar high at The Apothecarium to set the example of what a cannabis dispensary should be.
About This Role
The Director of Retail Marketing will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and monitoring the overall business marketing strategy of Apothecarium store locations. Other responsibilities include market research, product marketing, marketing communications, advertising, and public relations. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the digital media space.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or equivalent in a related professional field, or 5 years of Marketing relevant industry experience
- Applicants may be required to take a background check after a conditional offer is made. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Must be authorized to live and work in the U.S.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must speak/write English proficiently
Knowledge and experience working in the cannabis industry is highly desirable.
Social media marketing experience.
Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
Hands-on experience with CRM and SEO tools like Google Analytics, Google AdWords, BDS Analytics, etc
Proven ability to manage teams effectively and ensure excellence in training and performance.
Experience coordinating local in-store and external marketing events
Experience developing promotional calendars with internal and external stakeholders
Basic math skills, ability to set financial goals, and make sound financial decisions.
Basic computer and information technology skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Proficiency in GSuite (Google Mail, Drive, Sheets, Docs)
Basic abilities in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign)
Self-motivated and independent with excellent prioritization, project management, and critical thinking skills.
Demonstrated passion to serve the cannabis community and local neighborhoods.
Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set digital marketing goals and objectives (Instagram, Twitter, etc.).
- Plan, implement and manage marketing strategy and suggest improvements
- Coordinate in-store and external marketing events
- Develop and execute promotional calendar with retail leadership and brand partners
- Contribute to the overall growth of the company
- Own and execute a content marketing strategy
- Determine KPIs for the marketing department, track KPIs regularly, and present reports
- Implement and manage SEO
- Develop the organization’s marketing strategy in line with overall strategic priorities
- Design, plan and execute effective marketing campaigns
- Develop and maintain marketing budget
- Work with marketing and customer success teams to achieve optimal customer satisfaction and net promoter scores
- Use data and reports to make evidence-based decisions
- Develop appropriate channels for upward feedback and communication from retail teams and leadership
- Attend marketing conferences and educational programs as needed
- Stay up to date with the latest best practices
- Other duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
May work in a busy retail store with moderate to high noise levels
May work from home during the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic
Reach and twist/turn with hands and arms
Climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive Rate of Pay
Excellent Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Vision, Life & 401K)
Employee Assistance Program
Commuter Benefits (partially company sponsored)
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for personnel so classified.
The Apothecarium is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability, citizenship or veteran status. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance