Alzheimer Center Assistant
Alzheimers Disease Center | Quincy, MA
TheAlzCenter is comprehensive neurological care center located at 114 Whitwell St, Quincy, MA. Our mission is to provide the best neurological services available for care focusing on the early stages of Alzheimers disease and other neuro-cognitive disorders. We hope to find a cure!
- Directly responsible for patient interaction and retention into clinical trials.
- Co-ordinating clinical trial responsibilities. Prior experience is highly recommended for this position. Clinical trial experience (even in fields other than dementia) and experience with interacting with IRB/Sponsors/Electronic data capture systems would be a plus.
- Assists in calling customers to confirm appointments, and changes in appointments.
- Maintains multiple databases, EDC systems, enters and updates customer information and schedules using a web browser.
- Preparing documents using google documents.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelors is usually recommended, but high school with appropriate experience is considered.
- Related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with google hangouts, google calendar, google documents and other office software (similar to word and excel) as well as medical software would be preferable.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients, customers, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent. Ability to use google spreadsheets to perform these operations.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in oral, written, or diagram form. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with arms and hands. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Bonus opportunities exist.
An Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer – AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
The noise level in the work environment is usually mild to moderate.
Agency name, address, website
Alzheimer’s Disease Center
114 Whitwell Street, 4B
Quincy, MA 02169
Brief agency description and/or mission statement
The Alzheimer’s Disease Center (ADC) in the Quincy Medical Center is a clinical and research facility that aims to advance the field of geriatric neurology and reduce the costs of debilitating diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and other related dementias. In addition to providing preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic services to patients with neurodegenerative and related diseases, the center runs clinical trials in multiple indications, primarily in Alzheimer’s disease. The ADC is dedicated to providing healthcare and referral services of the highest quality, and we are committed to building partnerships that increase the independence and quality of life of patients with dementia.
We are looking for an assistant to the director. Currently, we run two days of clinic and three days of clinical research for patients with Alzheimer’s disease including clinical trials. The assistant will be able to receive training in various cognitive assessments used for our trials. They will perform duties for the clinical practice as well as research.
Responsibilities and scope of work
Assistant will be able to take part in current neurological research in our center and will assist the clinical needs of the director. There are opportunities for publications.
Minimum or preferred skills needed by student
Candidates should be comfortable with computers and can readily use the various forms of social media based electronic medical software (similar to Twitter, Facebook, other electronic medical record). Ideally, candidates with high-level computer skills and knowledge in statistical software would be preferred.
Estimated number of hours required, estimated start/end dates
We are flexible in accommodating schedules based on candidates’ requirements.
We prefer candidate to be able to start in 2014.
Is a car essential for completing the project?
A car is not essential for the project. For commuting purposes, red line to Quincy Center (with free shuttles to hospital) and MBTA buses are available near hospital. There is a free shuttle connecting to T.
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and curriculum vitae or resume.
Name, title, and contact information of Field Supervisor/Hiring Coordinator
Study Primary Investigator.