Production | Hydromotion - Spring City, PA | Full Time
Since 1971, Hydromotion, an engineering-intensive, customer-focused organization, has brought superior engineering, design, and manufacturing to fluid and electric transition components. We have become established leaders in fluid swivels, electric swivels, combination electric / fluid swivels, fire apparatus swivels, and position sensing systems.
We want to add one more person to production floor to help us keep up with customer demand in the Welding team. We expect a Welder I to performs entry level work under supervision using MIG welding equipment and a turntable.
The position is hourly, full-time with benefits that include BCBS medical plans, dental and vision options, paid holidays, earned PTO and a 401k plan with an employer match. The production team works Monday thru Thursday (10 hour days) with some Friday overtime when needed to meet customer demand.
- Read, understand and follow prints.
- Align and weld together metal components of products.
- Guide electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining length or arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead.
- Weld in flat, horizontal or vertical positions.
- Clean part and weld joints using a wire brush or portable grinder.
- Perform 1st piece inspection.
- Verify parts for conformance to specification using measuring devices.
- Safely and efficiently operate weld equipment.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Vo-tech graduate preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year related experience.
- Certified on fillet welds according to WTTI (Welder Training & Testing Institute) Process GMAW-1G and/or GTAW.
- Familiar with micrometers, calipers and/or gages to check accuracy of work.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee must be able to work in an unair-conditioned shop environment. The noise level in the work environment is normal for a machine shop. The wearing of weld helmet, welding jacket, gloves, safety shoes and glasses are required.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, reach with hands/arms (including overhead), push/pull to move product using a pallet jack. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and stand for extended periods of time (10 hours).
- The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- The company is not accepting any candidates from external recruiters for this position.