Internal Application: Welder
Production | Temple, TX | Full Time
Stability and growth in the same company is possible. Celebrating a half-century in operations, Texas Hydraulics has a proven history of planning and adaptation that helps us maintain a leadership position in our industry year over year.
High volume orders from our customers has created double-digit growth and going into the new year, we need to add more welders to both the First and Second Shift teams in our Temple, Texas location to keep up with production commitments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Obtains specified electrode & inserts electrode into portable holder or threads consumable electrode wire through portable welding gun
- Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, & pulse, as specified by Welding Engineer or Welding Technician
- Starts power supply to produce electric current
- Strikes (forms) arc which generates heat to melt & deposit metal from electrode to work piece & join edges of work piece
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining length of arc & speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion & bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, & size of molten puddle
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead position
- Examines weld for bead size & other specifications
- Applies filler rod manually to supply weld metal
- Cleans or degreases weld joint or work piece
- Repairs broken or cracked parts & fills holes
- Prepares broken parts for welding by grooving or scarfing surfaces
- Chips off excess weld, slag, & spatter
- Preheats work piece with hand torch or heating furnace
- Positions & clamps work pieces together or assembles them in jig or fixture
- Tacks assemblies together
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma/GED or technical school; or one to two years of related experience
- Successfully complete AWS D1.1 Certification within 12 months of hire
- Ability to follow safety rules, operating instructions, & procedure manuals
- Successfully demonstrate welding proficiency in pre-employment weld test
- Demonstrate Math proficiency as it relates to this job
- Comfortable working in a team-based environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; toxic or caustic chemicals & vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat (non-weather) & risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must regularly lift & /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception & Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk & stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl & stand for extended periods of time.