Accounting | Texas Hydraulics - Temple, TX | Full Time
Stability and growth in the same company is possible! The key to our success is hiring the right people to join our team, combining that with a commitment to our long-term employees to provide opportunities for internal advancement, which creates the perfect mix of institutional knowledge and fresh ideas.
Our Corporate Team is growing, helping us to keep up with the needs of our portfolio of companies. The Staff Accountant will support our Corporate Accounting Manager and Corporate Controller in the day-to-day management of the general accounting function, as part of a team that includes a number of experienced professionals and entry-level associates. This Staff Accountant will be a key contributor to month end close, Corporate Compliance and maintaining organizational and financial controls.
Texas Hydraulics offers industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, PTO and a 401k plan with company match.
If the duties below align with your prior experience, if you get a thrill from solving puzzles, and you are looking for the opportunity to be an impact player in a growth organization, we invite you to apply.
- Heavily involved in month end close process through journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and variance analysis including, but not limited to bank reconciliations, intercompany, allocations, prepaids, and various accruals.
- Complete assigned journal entries and reconciliations accurately and by the due date
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls
- Prepare documentation for external audit
- Assist with Tax and other compliance to ensure timely filings which include sales and use tax, estimated tax payments, business license renewals, state annual reports, registering for new jurisdictions, and obtaining sales tax exemption certificates for customers
- Other Accounting tasks as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or related field required, Master’s Degree preferred
- CPA/CMA preferred, but not required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in general accounting and month-end close
- Advanced computer skills including Excel and a major ERP system; Oracle preferred
- Flexible and adaptable in a dynamic, quick-paced work environment
- Seeks continuous improvement and streamlines processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain accounting concepts to other accounting personnel and non-accountants
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and accuracy focused
- Judgment and decision-making ability
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The above description reflects general details and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
The company is not providing any sponsorship for this role.
The company is not accepting any candidates from external recruiters for this position.