Internal Application: Sr Mechanical Designer
Engineering | Texas Hydraulics - Temple, TX | Full Time
Celebrating over a half-century in operations, Texas Hydraulics is an industry leader in the field of custom hydraulic solutions. We have a culture that is obsessed with our customer, on time delivery and continuous improvement and this focus comes from a daily commitment our core values of Trust, Team and Excellence.
Because of a steady increase in customer demand for new prototypes and product updates to current offerings, our Engineering team needs to grow. We are searching for a Senior Mechanical Designer to join the company, working in our Temple, Texas location.
At Texas Hydraulics, a Senior Mechanical Designer is responsible for the creation of Mechanical Blueprints and Bills of Material. Fluent with CREO and Windchill, they should also be knowledgeable about ASME Y14.5 design standards and comfortable in GD&T.
Texas Hydraulics offers industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, PTO and a 401k plan with company match.
- Create or modify mechanical blueprints based on engineering layouts or markups
- Create or modify Engineering Bills of Material using Windchill and Oracle
- Apply industry standards and internal specifications to designs and blueprints
- Create and apply tolerance stack up analysis in order to ensure reliable fit
- Complete deliverables on time
- Communicate and work with team to deliver on KPIs
- Proficient in CREO and Engineering Workflows (i.e. Windchill/PDM)
- Expert level understanding of ASME Y14.5, and demonstrated ability to adhere to the standard.
- Able to use and apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) in hydraulic component design
- Proven ability to produce quality designs in terms of accuracy and readability
- Develop layouts and designs with minimal inputs for quoting.
- Able to analyze a costed BOM out of ORACLE in order to understand cost impacts of changes
- Effectively communicate workloads and project improvements/delays
- Evaluate change requests for manufacturability and cost
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Background & Skills
- Education: Associates Degree in Mechanical Design or related field
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Effective communication, both verbal and with PC based tools
- Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Product Development – Good understanding of machining and welding processes. A background developing hydraulic components (cylinders, gears, valves, and valve blocks) will be a strong plus.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information using engineering best practices and tools
- Project Management - Takes personal responsibility of assigned projects and tasks. Possesses a can-do attitude, and willing to make themselves available in order to support team initiatives and KPIs
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to scalability; Demonstrates knowledge of software and systems.
- Computer Skills- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook). Be proficient in CREO and Windchill. Background with Oracle is also a plus.
The work environment/physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The above description reflects general details and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- This position is not available for remote work.
- The company is not providing any sponsorship for this role.
- The company is not accepting any candidates from external recruiters for this position.