Internal Application: Senior Quality Manager
Quality Assurance | Texas Hydraulics - Temple, TX | Full Time
In business for over 50 years, stability and growth in the same company is possible, and here at Texas Hydraulics we live and breathe our core values: Trust, Team, and Excellence. If you are looking for an opportunity with a strong company, great culture and a bright future, then Texas Hydraulics could be the right match for you
Matching the right people to our top priorities is critical to our success and we want to add a Senior Quality Manager to our current team of professionals. In this position, strong written and verbal communication skills are key requirements and you must be able to collaborate with members of other departments on assigned projects and timelines.
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, this Manager will direct the efforts of the Internal and Supplier Quality teams and the Service/Aftermarket teams to support our world-class quality products. Travel is a component of this role and based on need may swing from 10-20%.
Texas Hydraulics offers industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, PTO and a 401k plan with company match.
- Assumes responsibility, plans, develops, enhances and maintains the Quality Management System (QMS) providing continuous improvements to all products manufactured by the organization in order to meet or exceed customer specifications
- Provide departmental leadership promoting the use of key quality principles and supervision of direct reports
- Work cooperatively with other departments to facilitate the highest quality outcomes in the achievement of business objectives.
- Formulates and maintains Quality Key Performance Indicators (KPI) on the results of operating systems and business execution (external warranty, internal defects, audit metrics etc.).
- Maintain and update the QMS as necessary, in compliance with ISO 9001.
- Fostering a culture of high quality through the training and awareness of all employees to quality requirements, processes, methods, record keeping and goals within our organization.
- Understand & develop Customer Specific Quality Plans that aligns with the QMS and their specific procedures, management systems & sales order requirements.
- Create an environment where people can grow and develop, and lead by example in creating a positive, “can do” culture.
- Facilitate and promote problem-solving tools (Quality and Lean management and planning tools, root cause analysis, (PDCA), 8D, FMEA and other like models).
- Drive toward world-class in product integrity, process quality and supplier quality using the appropriate technology and business tools such as Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement and SPC.
- Proactively approach customers, make trips to the field, etc., to help build relationships and a clear understanding of expectations. Continually anticipate customer needs and priorities; and integrate them into the quality system and policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Support the implementation of a continuous improvement culture, facilitate and promote process management/lean manufacturing approaches with a quality principled focus.
- Understand Continuous Improvement techniques for facilitating organizational change, removing waste, performing constraint management, motivating and resolving conflicts.
- Act as a champion and Lean leader in the development, implementation and sustaining of various continuous improvement projects and initiatives.
- Co-facilitate process improvement teams and Kaizen events involving value streams core to the business.
- Helps to drive continuous improvement with management and lessons learned across the Plants.
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality, Operations, Manufacturing Engineering or other related field and 8-12 equivalent experience to obtain required knowledge base
- Six Sigma Black Belt/Green Belt Certified
- Prior ERP experience (SAP, Oracle…etc.)
- Previous supervisory or management experience, skills and responsibility
- Direct experience with a quality function and/or quality related responsibilities
- Direct experience in team facilitation and group leadership
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Prior experience implementing and facilitating Lean events (PDCA)
- Lead/Internal Auditor Training Certificate highly preferred (CQA)
- Quality Certifications preferred (CMQ/OE, CQI)
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with & positively influence all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with others efficiently and effectively both one-on-one, leader and as a part of a team/group.
- Proven experience operating in external cross-functional teams to complete projects on time and to spec.
- Strong communication skills including written, oral, and presentation.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Expertise in problem solving utilizing Lean methodologies.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills with the ability to train, coach, and mentor others.
- Strong decision making, listening, communication, and delegation skills.
- Facilitation of Continuous Improvement/Lean Kaizen events.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
NOTE: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.