Senior Planning Analyst
Supply Chain | Texas Hydraulics - Temple, TX | Full Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure 60 day and out customer demand can be achieved through work order and customer sales order alignment
- Work with production control to ensure production aligns with the daily, weekly and monthly Sales & Operations, Inventory Plan and meets expected customer service levels. This will include all value streams.
- Conduct SIOP (Sales, Inventory/Operating/Purchasing) monthly forecast review meetings. Current month and forward looking 12 month review for each production line and any special projects currently being quoted. Adjust/Maintain high level forecast in ERP system ensuring proper demand is communicated to suppliers.
- Interface with key business personnel across all primary functions (engineering, purchasing, and production, and quality, finance, sales and shipping & receiving) to ensure that customer schedules are realistic, attainable, visible and measurable.
- Create and implement a Kanban system on repetitive manufacturing productions. This includes from raw material through all stages of manufacturing and finished goods.
- Provide delivery promise dates and lead time to Sales/ Customers for incoming orders and match actual requirements with the master schedule as they materialize.
- Minimize and remove surplus and obsolete inventory.
- Continue to improve product flow to drive continuous improvement in customer satisfaction overall planning process and financial performance.
- Create internal business queries / reports to assist management of projects and business objectives.
- Track and improve productivity throughout the shop.
- Track and improve the “Schedule Attainment” process.
- Track and improve the OTD through root cause analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree in “Production Management” or related field is required.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Planner/Master Scheduler in manufacturing organization preferably in an assembly, welding & machining environment.
- Experience in SIOP and forecasting accuracy
- APICS certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare comprehensive and accurate reports, forecasts, estimates and countermeasures
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees, across all functions of the organization including customers and suppliers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Lean Green Belt or higher certification and track record of implementation preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of relentless pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and Outlook software.
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle operating systems is required.