Senior Mechanical Engineer
Engineering | Texas Hydraulics - Temple, TX | Full Time
Celebrating over a half-century in operations, Texas Hydraulics has a proven history of planning and adaptation that helps us maintain a leadership position in our industry year over year. Key to that success is hiring the right people to join our team, combined with a commitment to our long-term employees to provide opportunities for internal advancement, which creates the perfect mix of institutional knowledge and fresh ideas.
Texas Hydraulics is an industry leader in developing custom hydraulic solutions. The Senior Mechanical Engineer’s primary focus is on New Product Development, however will include light Sustaining and Continuous Improvement. The right candidate will have strong skills in hydraulics, written and oral communication, and project management.
Texas Hydraulics offers industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, PTO and a 401k plan with company match.
- Technical understanding of the design and manufacture of hydraulic cylinders.
- Experience with engineering CAD and analysis tools (CREO, ANSYS, Windchill etc.).
- Experience with material science applied to mechanical engineering.
- Review, develop, and prepare project documentation following industry and internal standards.
- Effectively communicate with customers, suppliers and other departments both written and orally.
- Develop DFMEAs and subsequent Test plans in order to mitigate design risks.
- Understanding of industry standards (ASTM, ASME, ANSI, ABS, DNV etc…).
- Develop engineering sketches, specifications and related data in order to determine design factors such as size, shape and layout of new designs.
- Manages new product development projects and timelines. Ensures projects are kept on time and within budget
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality and Finance in order to ensure designs are streamlined for manufacturability through design reviews.
- Evaluate and approve designs and specification changes through continuous improvement.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Handles material review board responsibilities for product engineering.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in related field.
- 5 years’ experience in hydraulic cylinder or system design.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written responsibilities.
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated and be able to embrace multiple responsibilities simultaneously with minimum guidance.
- P.E License or Certified Fluid Power Engineer (CFPE) preferred but not required.
Product Development - Includes hydraulic product planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for development 'activities; Makes self-available to supporting staff;
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information using engineering best practices and tools
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Manages project team activities.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to scalability; Demonstrates knowledge of software and systems.
Computer Skills- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Development software; Design software; Internet software; Project Management software and Database software.
Less than 10%
No direct reports.
No visa sponsorship is offered for this role.
This role is not open for candidate submission by external recruiters.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The list above statement reflects general details and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.