Senior Mechanical Engineer
Engineering | Temple, TX | Full Time
Celebrating a half-century in operations, Texas Hydraulics has a proven history of planning and adaptation that helps us maintain a leadership position in our industry year over year. Key to that success is hiring the right people to join our team, combined with a commitment to our long-term employees to provide opportunities for internal advancement, which creates the perfect mix of institutional knowledge and fresh ideas.
Demand for our customized hydraulics solutions means we need to add to the team in our Engineering department, specifically a Senior Mechanical Engineer who gets excited about working on New Product Development. Though, as with all Engineers, there is a shared workload with some light Sustaining and VAVE work. The right candidate will have strong skills in hydraulics, written and oral communication, and project management.
Texas Hydraulics offers industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, PTO and a 401k plan with company match.
- Technical understanding of the design and manufacture of hydraulic cylinders.
- Experience with engineering CAD and analysis tools. (CREO, ANSYS, Windchill etc.)
- Experience with material science applied to mechanical engineering.
- Review, develop, and prepare project documentation following industry and internal standards.
- Effectively communicate with customers, suppliers and other departments both written and orally.
- Develop DFMEAs and subsequent Test plans in order to mitigate design risks
- Understanding of industry standards. (ASTM, ASME, ANSI, ABS, DNV etc…)
- Develop engineering sketches, specifications and related data in order to determine design factors such as size, shape and layout of new designs.
- Manages new product development projects and timelines. Ensures projects are kept on time and within budget.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality and Finance in order to ensure designs are streamlined for manufacturability through design reviews.
- Evaluate and approve designs and specification changes through continuous improvement.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Handles material review board responsibilities for product engineering.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in related field
- 5 years’ experience in hydraulic cylinder or system design
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written responsibilities
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated and be able to embrace multiple responsibilities simultaneously with minimum guidance
- P.E License or Certified Fluid Power Engineer (CFPE) preferred but not required
- Able to work without sponsorship
Product Development - Includes hydraulic product planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for development 'activities; Makes self-available to supporting staff;
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information using engineering best practices and tools
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Manages project team activities.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to scalability; Demonstrates knowledge of software and systems.
Computer Skills- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Development software; Design software; Internet software; Project Management software and Database software.
Less than 10%
Texas Hydraulics will not be providing and visa sponsorship for this role.
Staffing Firms must have a current, signed agreement in place to submit candidates for consideration.