Senior Business Analyst (Oracle)
Information Technology | Texas Hydraulics - Temple, TX | Full Time
Celebrating over a half-century in operations, Texas Hydraulics has a proven history of planning and adaptation that helps us maintain a leadership position in our industry year over year. Key to that success is hiring the right people to join our team, combined with a commitment to our long-term employees to provide opportunities for internal advancement, which creates the perfect mix of institutional knowledge and fresh ideas.
The Senior Business Analyst (Oracle) will lead business process improvement initiatives by ensuring IT systems and applications are configured to support the various business processes and operations across all functional areas of the company. The right person will be able to project future “perfect state” models and help craft the strategic plan for achieving that transformation.
In addition, the person in this role will play an integral role in making IT a true “service” organization that is considered an enabler of business operations. This will include leading training sessions as needed to optimize the benefit of business applications, help identify strengths and weaknesses from users (readiness levels and aptitude) and help make sure our users adhere to the industry best-practices.
Texas Hydraulics offers industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, paid vacation and a 401k plan with company match.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on ERP systems in general and specifically on Oracle E-Business Suite of Applications, Releases 12.1.3 and 12.2.9 preferred. Configure, manage and support Oracle implementation and ensure highest levels of system availability and up-time
- Develop, coordinate, and implement test plans with the super users for functional changes, bug fixes, enhancements, patches and upgrades
- Participate in steering committee meetings to keep business leaders and stakeholders updated on business process improvement initiatives
- Act as key liaison between Business and IT for successful delivery of projects and accountable for operational support in all areas and value streams of the business
- Support the implementation of solutions through a formal process including requirements gathering and definition, gap analysis, design, development, configuration, project planning, testing and deployment
- Provide training to users to help educate them on new or expanded functionality
- Manage projects with varying degrees of complexity, provide production support to the business users and system processes, and ensure high level of IT service
- Develop and sustain relationships with external business partners in supporting our IT applications stack and back-end infrastructure
- Other Duties as assigned
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Supply Chain or Computer Science preferred
- At least 8 years of direct experience with Oracle Mfg. & Supply Chain modules required
- 5+ years of experience with business process re-engineering and direct ERP implementations.
- Candidate should have at least 2 full life cycle with hands-on configuration, implementation and support experience in a multiple of the following Oracle modules:
- Manufacturing & Value Chain Planning: Purchasing, Inventory, Cost Management, WIP, BOM, ENG, ASCP, Order Management, Quality, Advanced Pricing.
- Financials: General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Hyperion
- Strong knowledge of the underlying Oracle schema, integration points, data conversion and technology processes
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical users through both written and oral communications
- Must be self-organized, and be able to define tasks, establish priorities, and implement according to plan. Ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously or collaboratively in a professional and timely manner as required.
- Must possess the expertise to troubleshoot and analyze issues that arise in the application
- Must be able to complete thorough and effective systems documentation, and develop and update system procedures
- Must be familiar with typical project strategies and methodologies related to IT/ERP implementations
Success in this position requires the ability to build a strong partnership within the IT Team and across Business Units including constant interaction with the operations team. These relationships must be built on respect, integrity, cooperation, teamwork and professionalism.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels within the organization, leadership through influence
- Clear, precise communication skills
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to evaluate opportunities for continuous process improvement
- Operations, finance and commercial literacy
- Ability to organize multiple responsibilities and deliver results in an accurate and timely manner while adapting to changes in priorities
- Ability to influence and strategically partner with individuals of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the organization
- Detail and process oriented
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency and follow up skills
There is no visa sponsorship being provided for this role.
No 3rd party recruiter candidates are being accepted for this role.