Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounting | Texas Hydraulics - Temple, TX | Full Time
Stability and growth in the same company is possible. Key to that success is hiring the right people to join our team, combined with a commitment to our long-term employees to provide opportunities for internal advancement, which creates the perfect mix of institutional knowledge and fresh ideas.
The Senior Accounts Payable Specialist will get exposure to multiple business units, supporting senior leaders and department heads as a trusted resource.
We expect the Senior Accounts Payable Specialist to accurately post invoices after ensuring proper coding and approval has been obtained. As a public face of the company, the person in this role is also expected to support some general office functions - greeting visitors, sorting mail, fielding the occasional phone inquiry, etc.
Texas Hydraulics offers industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, PTO and a 401k plan with company match.
- Post vendor invoices after obtaining proper approvals and coding
- Monitor unvouchered receipts report to ensure timely posting of invoices
- Call vendors to obtain and reconcile statements
- Filing invoices and other general accounts payable admin responsibilities
- Prepare monthly reconciliation for accounts payable and unvouchered accounts
- Prepare weekly payment proposals and process payment batches
- Work with purchasing to resolve discrepancies on purchase orders
- Assist with general administrative work
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 years’ experience posting AP invoices
- Manufacturing experience environment preferred
- Other data entry experience may be considered on a case by case basis
- Advanced computer skills in Excel, Oracle preferred, and Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organization, detail-orientation, and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Action oriented
- Ability and willingness to learn and take on more responsibility
The work environment/physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The above description reflects general details and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- The company is not providing any sponsorship for this role.
- The company is not accepting any candidates from external recruiters for this position.