Internal Application: Saw Operator 2nd shift
Production | Waco, TX | Full Time
At Texas Hydraulics Waco Plating Facility, we believe that every employee contributes directly to the growth and success of the Company. So, we focus on hiring qualified and dedicated professionals who are looking for a stable, long-term environment. Our employees, several of whom have ten and twenty years of employment here, enjoy competitive pay, medical, dental and visions benefits, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, vacation time and paid holidays.
To help us keep up with growing customer demands, we have an immediate opening for a Saw Operator to join the team. The position holder will sets up and operates a variety of tools - hacksaw, band saw, circular saw, friction saw, and rubber disk saw - to cut metal stock to dimensions according to the work order requirements, fulfilling a key role in our production process.
Teamwork is critical to our success. We know we can rely on each other to meet customer deadlines and our own expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
- Effectively execute the following standard tasks:
- Reads job order for specifications such as material, type, and size of stock, and dimensions to be cut.
- Obtains and transfers stock to machine.
- Installs saw blade and sets blade tension and cutting speed for specified operation.
- Sets saw blade angle to obtain desired angle cuts.
- Sets stops and guides to control dimension of cut.
- Positions and secures stock against stops or in feeding device.
- Turns valve to start flow of coolant against cutting area.
- Starts machine and observes operation.
- Measures work for conformance to specifications.
- Marks identifying data on work piece.
- Replaces defective cutting blade or wheel.
- Operate and maintain saw area for continuous line production facility.
- Work with the Production team to maximize efficiency at the position and minimize unnecessary scrap due to error.
- Monitor product for defects and report to supervisor and QC.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance at the station as required.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/ (GED); with zero to one year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrate Math proficiency as it relates to this job.
- Must be team oriented with a commitment to working effectively with departmental coworkers and outside authority to accomplish both departmental and organizational goals.
- Prior work experience operating overhead cranes is a plus!
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places and outdoor weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.