Quality Control Associate
Quality Assurance | Waco, TX | Full Time
Summary: Performs Quality Dept. requirements of inspections, calibrations and data collection by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspects welds and base materials utilizing both Destructive and Non-Destructive test methods.
- Uses measuring equipment such as micrometers, gauge blocks, height gauges, bore gauges, and coordinate measuring machine (CMM) to inspect, measure and record dimensions of parts.
- Use precision equipment to calibrate inspections tools and gauges along with using calibration software database to schedule calibrations and record all calibration data.
- Maintains and utilizes particle counting equipment to monitor contamination levels of hydraulic oil used in the mfg process along with finished cylinder contamination checks.
- Prepares and sorts source documents, and identifies and interprets data to be entered.
- Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from source documents into computer following format displayed on screen, and enters necessary codes.
- Responds to inquiries regarding entered data.
- High school diploma/GED; with zero to one year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to be trained to use all inspection equipment described above.
- Demonstrate Math proficiency as it relates to this job.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
NOTE: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.