Project Design Engineer
Engineering | Hydromotion - Spring City, PA | Full Time
Since 1971, Hydromotion products have been serving customers everywhere electric power, data, or fluids must be carried through rotary joints. We have an excellent industry reputation for quality, reliability and customer focused new product development.
Our reputation in the market comes from the quality of engineered solutions that Hydromotion provides to the market. Each of us takes pride in being part of a team where our efforts have meaningful impact on industry and on people’s lives.
We offer industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, PTO and a 401k plan with company match.
The Project Design Engineer directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration and completion of hydraulic/electric engineering projects within the area of assigned responsibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead and or assist in NPD (New Product Development) on Swivels.
- Assist Industrial Engineer with controls development with current electrical assembly team.
- Provides production support to the machining area and the assembly area.
- Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape and arrangement of parts.
- Sketches rough layouts and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, and location of holes.
- Reviews product design for compliance with hydraulic engineering principles, company standards and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Directs integration of technical activities and products.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Participates in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to stay apprised of new developments in field.
- Confers with workers in other departments, such as marketing, legal, and engineering, to provide technical information.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs. CREO experience required.
- Handles material review board responsibilities for product engineering.
- Makes sure Manufacturing measures parts during production to ensure compliance with design specifications.
- Electrical / Mechanical experience preferred.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and a minimum of 4 years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Customer Communication – Ability to have technical discussions with customers and drive value propositions to provide the best solutions to the customer. Customer facing critical for success via phone, video conference and in person visits.
Product Development - Includes hydraulic and electric product planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for development 'activities; Makes self-available to supporting staff
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Manages project team activities.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to scalability; Demonstrates knowledge of software and systems.
Computer Skills- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Development software; Design software; Internet software; Project Management software and Database software.
The ability to travel to support customers meetings, trade shows and other business critical needs is required. Expectation for travel <10% however 1-2 weeks annually for trade shows is typical also.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
NOTE: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.