Internal Application: Production Supervisor (1st Shift)
Production | Texas Hydraulics - Temple, TX | Full Time
Take your leadership journey to the next level! What an amazing opportunity for you to work with GREAT people! If I wasn't already working here, I'd definitely apply for this position, and here's why:
At Texas Hydraulics, we're proud of the culture of Trust, Teamwork, and Excellence we've built over our 55 years in operation. Forged by creating long-lasting partnerships; we understand how truly unique our people are! Our employees are smart, creative, and committed to our mission to move, elevate, protect, and improve lives.
Summary: The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading employees, scheduling work activities, ensuring quality of workmanship, training and educating employees on safety guidelines, company policies, and production equipment. The Production Supervisor is expected to partner with Production Control to coordinate job orders and employee work assignments and be the central point of decision for daily execution of all production/ manufacturing processes. Experience managing people, processes and products is required to adequately meet the requirements of this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs and supervises the work of multiple employees across multiple departments.
- Follows production schedule and ensures that work is completed on time.
- Documents and tracks production totals and fills out applicable forms and reports.
- Coordinates manpower requirements by increasing or decreasing personnel and overtime to meet changing conditions.
- Is actively engaged in solving problems as they arise.
- Makes critical operational decisions with little or no direction.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods and quality of product.
- Understands the importance of quality, quickly identifies and corrects issues related to quality.
- Maintains safe working environment by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Works with Maintenance department to facilitate repair of equipment.
- Partners with Engineering to execute Lean Manufacturing projects (kaizens, etc.).
- Work closely with Engineering and Quality in the production of new products and improvements to existing products.
- Coach team leads and operators in embracing a continuous improvement culture.
- Interview, train, and coach new employees.
- Evaluate employee performance and conduct annual employee evaluations.
- High School diploma/GED with minimum 7 years of experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a supervisor in a production environment or 5 years of experience in a team lead role with progressively increasing levels of responsibility.
- Must be capable of coordinating workflows across multiple departments.
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills are essential for collaborating with others and communicating issues to help resolve problems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and ERP systems. Oracle is preferred.
- Experience with lean manufacturing methods and techniques desired.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
NOTE: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.