Production Control Lead
Production | Temple, TX | Full Time
Do you approach the planning process like a daily logic puzzle where your goal is to find the best way to balance materials versus orders and resources to maximize production capacity? Have you worked as the connection point between Sales, Operations and Inventory Planning for multiple assembly lines? Do you like seeing how the application of your skills and experience have a direct impact on your company's growth and success?
The Production Control Lead reports to the Director of Operations and will be a key member of the Production team. This is a new role created to support company growth with our reorganized assembly lines and projected new highs in sales orders.
The position is full-time with benefits that include medical dental and vision options, paid holidays, time-off and a 401k with employer match.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Generates and maintains a master schedule which aligns with the monthly Sales & Operations, Inventory Plan and meets expected customer service levels. This will include all assembly lines.
- Conduct SIOP (Sales, Inventory/Operating/Purchasing) monthly forecast review meetings. Current month and forward looking 6 month review for each production line and any special projects currently being quoted. Adjust/Maintain high level forecast in ERP system ensuring proper demand is communicated to suppliers.
- Interface with key business personnel across all primary functions (engineering, purchasing, and production, and quality, finance, sales and shipping & receiving) to ensure that customer schedules are realistic, attainable, visible and measurable.
- Establish and improve lead-times as competitive conditions require.
- Supervise preparation of actual stock orders, change orders, and maintenance of records to achieve required availability and inventory levels.
- Analyze plant capacity, maximize use of available labor in the manufacturing & assembly process and prioritize shop load. Evaluate production schedule alternatives and recommend adjustments where needed.
- Elevate and resolve potential constraints that might prevent meeting production plan
- Utilize both visual Kanban and MRP planning systems to release finished good and subassembly production orders to the plant in a timely fashion.
- Provide delivery promise dates and lead time to Sales/ Customers for incoming orders and match actual requirements with the master schedule as they materialize.
- Identify key shortages on incoming orders and work closely with Purchasing and Manufacturing to expedite where needed in time to meet customer requirements.
- Attend daily production meetings and provide the reports needed to drive the meeting. Carry the responsibility to initiate the daily activities required to meet on-time delivery initiatives.
- Minimize surplus and obsolete inventory.
- Continue to improve product flow to drive continuous improvement in customer satisfaction overall planning process and financial performance.
- Serve as the Production Control representative for the Engineering Change Notification process and take a lead role in coordinating new part introductions into the BOM structure and schedule.
- Create internal business queries / reports to assist management of projects and business objectives.
- Track and improve productivity throughout the shop.
- Track and improve the “Schedule Attainment” process.
- Track and improve the OTD through root cause analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in the Monthly KPIs
- Complies with set company policies, procedures, and work instructions as they pertain to job function (procedures are based on ISO 9001 and 14000 standards).
- Takes into consideration the environmental impacts of the job’s everyday duties.
- Notifies supervisor or ISO Coordinator of any process changes that may have an impact on the environment.
- Actively supports and participates in Six Sigma, Kaizen, and Lean Manufacturing activities.
- Performs general housekeeping duties in work area.
- Lead by Example
- Drive CPI within the “Production” process, show sense of urgency and biased for action behavior.
- B.S. degree in “Production Management” or related field is required.
- At least 5 years experience as a Planner/Master Scheduler in manufacturing organization preferably in an assembly, molding & machining environment.
- Proven ability to optimize the planning/scheduling function through planning and budgetary controls to meet annual goals, objectives and projections.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare comprehensive and accurate reports, forecasts, estimates and countermeasures
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees, across all functions of the organization including customers and suppliers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Lean Green Belt or higher certification and track record of implementation preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of relentless pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and Outlook software. Advanced knowledge of Oracle operating systems is preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Recruiters must have pre-approval from Texas Hydraulics Human Resources before submitting any candidates for consideration.
Texas Hydraulics is not providing visa sponsorship for this role.