Production | Waco, TX | Full Time
At Texas Hydraulics Waco Plating Facility, we believe that every employee contributes directly to the growth and success of the Company. So, we focus on hiring qualified and dedicated professionals who are looking for a stable, long-term environment. Our employees, several of whom have ten and twenty years of employment here, enjoy competitive pay, medical, dental and visions benefits, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, vacation time and paid holidays.
To help us keep up with growing customer demands, we have an immediate opening for a Plater to join the team. The position holder will set up and operate chrome plating tanks, fulfilling a key role in our production process.
Teamwork is critical to our success. We know we can rely on each other to meet customer deadlines and our own expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Verify size, length and chrome thickness required for parts
- Make sure at all times your micrometer is calibrated correctly
- Verify all tools are in place
- Check acid levels in tanks and fill if required
- Check bath temperature in tanks and verify cooling or heating if required
- Check cooling towers to ensure proper operations
- Check pit for sump level and pump if required
- Make sure rectifiers are on and have water-in cooling system
- Make sure air scrubbers arc OD and have water supplied where needed
- Check size of material to be plated and inspect for defects
- Inspect fixture and prongs for build-up and wear
- Load material onto fixtures
- Clean material using solvent and lint free towel
- Place fixture into tank
- Determine from previous .inspection if raw or re-chrome in section 7a
- Fill in log sheet proper info
- Make any adjustments needed for the required procedure
- Inspect for defects
- Remove material from fixture if within tolerances
- Make adjustments to time and amperage if needed
High school diploma/ (GED); with zero to one year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Prior experience operating overhead cranes is a plus!
Demonstrate Math proficiency as it relates to this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places and outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
NOTE: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.