Accounting | Texas Hydraulics - Temple, TX | Full Time
Celebrating over a half-century in operations, Texas Hydraulics has a proven history of planning and adaptation that helps us maintain a leadership position in our industry year over year. Key to that success is hiring the right people to join our team, combined with a commitment to our long-term employees to provide opportunities for internal advancement, which creates the perfect mix of institutional knowledge and fresh ideas.
A member of the senior leadership team, our Plant Controller is responsible for the overall management, direction, and integrity of the accounting and financial reporting function for the Texas Hydraulics business units, including robust balance sheet controls and thorough understanding of the income statement.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Plant Controller will lead initiatives to drive and measure process improvements for the business units (DMI, Productivity, margin expansion) and within the department (accurate and timely financial statements), along with actively participating in execution of broader strategic and operational goals of company.
Texas Hydraulics offers industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, PTO and a 401k plan with company match.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with the General Manager to ensure clear understanding of performance versus targets and prior year, identifying areas for improvement and assisting in prioritization.
- Prepares and reviews monthly financial statements, applies accounting theory and company policy as appropriate, and insures the timely and accurate completion of all deliverables.
- Implements company policies for accounting, setting standards for balance sheet discipline and controllership duties.
- Responsible for asset preservation and working capital management, including thoroughly developed and implemented controls for inventory accuracy and valuation.
- Develops a robust internal control framework and insures compliance throughout the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Accounting and/or CPA required.
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressively responsible accounting and leadership experience.
- 10+ years accounting experience in a vertical manufacturing environment (at least 4 years in cost role).
- Experience in reviewing, analyzing, and implementing accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the ability to research and apply accounting pronouncements as appropriate.
- Oracle experience strongly preferred, large scale ERP experience required.
- Multi-site experience preferred.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills to work effectively in a team environment within and outside of the Accounting Department.
Success in this position requires the ability to build a strong partnership within and outside of the finance department including frequent communication with peers and management. These relationships must be built on respect, integrity, cooperation, teamwork and professionalism.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels within the organization
- Clear, precise communication skills
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Operations literacy
- Commercial literacy
- Ability to develop staff and team
- Strong Controllership focus
- Attitude of accountability
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The above description reflects general details and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
The company is not providing any sponsorship for this role.
The company is not accepting any candidates from external recruiters for this position.