Office & Marketing Assistant
Marketing | Temple, TX | Full Time
Do you like every day to have varied experiences and multiple projects where you are making a recognizable impact? Texas Hydraulics needs to find that one person who likes the idea of being in a hybrid role, thrives on engaging with internal and external customers and gets a sense of satisfaction from being trusted to manage tasks that create a smooth and comfortable working environment for the team.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong organizational abilities and an interest in marketing. This is a high visibility role, acting as an information conduit with customers, suppliers, visitors, senior leadership and internal departments.
Texas Hydraulics offers industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, PTO and a 401k plan with company match.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes on-site visitors, monitors access, issues badges.
- Screens incoming calls, general email inbox and correspondence and responds independently when possible or forwards to the appropriate personnel.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications.
- Proofs printed materials and digital content.
- Helps manage media-focused projects and campaigns.
- Types up proposals, drafting initial marketing content under the direction of senior leadership.
- Assists with social media tasks, to include website and platform content updates.
- Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies.
- Supports senior leader in-house meetings or conferences by arranging for facilities and catering, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers, and controlling event budgets.
- Performs clerical duties as needed, such as filing, faxing, photocopying, and collating.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Required Background & Skills:
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or in the process of completing one; and one year relevant work/intern experience.
- Superb organizational and tracking skills with great attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Excellent computer skills with a proficiency in MS Office.
- Excellent proofreading skills and an eye for good design.
- Proven event planning skills. (small meetings, Executive events, large scale events)
- Ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a professional office environment.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Learn and apply new info in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability maintains security and confidentiality of sensitive and/or protected information.
- Note: Applicants selected for an interview may be administered a grammar, spelling and punctuation test.
Desired/Bonus Background & Skills:
- Prior working experience in Customer Service/Sales roles.
- Experience with Wordpress & Adobe Creative Suite.
- Graphic design skills a plus.
- Ability to read, write and speak Spanish.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.