Material Handler / Packer
Production | Hydromotion - Spring City, PA | Full Time
Since 1971, Hydromotion, an engineering-intensive, customer-focused organization, has brought superior engineering, design, and manufacturing to fluid and electric transition components. We have become established leaders in fluid swivels, along with electric swivels, combination electric / fluid swivels, fire apparatus swivels, and position sensing systems.
In order to keep up with customer demand, we need to add a Packer to the team, working on first shift.
The position is hourly, full-time with benefits that include Blue Cross, Blue Shield medical, plus dental and vision options, paid holidays, earned PTO and a 401k plan with an employer match. The Assembly Team works Monday thru Thursday on 10 hour days with some Friday and Saturday overtime as scheduled.
Summary: Prepares and packs finished product for shipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Utilizes a jib crane to lift and package products.
- Packages finished product in boxes, crates and/or skids.
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Install sensors on products using screws and hand tools.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators.
- Operates pallet jack, industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Conduct visual inspection of products to insure completeness and quality.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with zero to one year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Demonstrate Math proficiency as it relates to this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work in high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
NOTE: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.