Maintenance | Temple, TX | Full Time
Celebrating 50 years in business in 2018, Texas Hydraulics is a leading manufacturer of hydraulic cylinders, swivels and chrome plating. We enjoy that reputation because of the strength of our people - some of whom have been working in production for over 40 years.
Texas Hydraulics offers industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability and a 401k plan with company match.
Summary: Perform a variety of master-level skilled electrical tasks to repair, install and replace equipment and materials ensuring they conform to existing building codes. Perform other semi-skilled tasks in the general maintenance of the physical plant directed by Maintenance Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Oversee the electrical installation field components, and ensure that projects are in compliance with national, state, and local codes.
- Install and repair electrical materials, equipment, and machinery working from blueprints, drawings, lay-outs, or other specifications.
- Inspect, isolate problems, and repair defects in lighting, electrical wiring and equipment using motorized machinery, hand tools, and electrical testing equipment. May require calculation of electrical loads and feeds.
- Inspect completed electrical work for quality, safety, and proper operation.
- Successfully plan, permit, schedule, and execute the installation of the projects and maintain the proper company documents for each project.
- Coordinate maintenance work with other departments maintaining accurate log records of maintenance and repair work.
- Periodically perform preventative maintenance programs as required.
- Take proper safety precautions and utilize appropriate safety gear/equipment in the performance of all duties.
- Must be a Master Electrician with a current valid license and knowledgeable with the National Electric Code.
- Minimum 4 years of electrical installation and repair experience with strong interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills with understanding of wire and conduit sizing and how to make adjustments for environmental factors.
- Must have working knowledge and experience replacing commercial electrical services and distribution panel.
- Electrical repairs such as electrical restoration, re-routing, detecting faulty electrical problems and knowing the difference between a mechanical/electrical breakdown.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
To perform this job successfully, the individual should have knowledge of OSHA Construction Safety Requirements, ability to read and interpret one line & CAD drawings, able to perform advanced electrical calculations.
Knowledge of hydraulics and alternating current generator systems and ability to set job priorities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals and outdoor weather conditions. In addition, the employee is exposed to High Voltage, 480 3 Phase, and 240 3 Phase, and must have common knowledge of PPE in these type of situations.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
NOTE: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.