Production | Temple, TX | Full Time
Stability and growth in the same company is possible. Celebrating a half-century in operations, Texas Hydraulics has a proven history of planning and adaptation that helps us maintain a leadership position in our industry year over year.
Key to that success is hiring the right people to join our team, combined with a commitment to our long-term employees to provide opportunities for internal advancement, which creates the perfect mix of institutional knowledge and fresh ideas. We have created a new opening for a Manufacturing Engineer who will report to our Director of Manufacturing and help us to tackle the next stage of process refinement for our three key production value streams.
The person hired into this role will be tasked with identifying, recommending and creating the plans to implement innovative techniques and procedures which will produce measurable results related to how we manufacture our products. Regardless of the area of responsibility or department, the main goal is the same: continuous improvement of product quality and system behaviors.
Because the introduction of new methods often involves hands-on work, interacting with shop floor personnel, customer service, engineering and manufacturing groups to ensure department and company goals are met, the Engineer will be expected to have strong communication skills and a documented history of working in successful, cross-functional project teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate in a safe and efficient manner while adhering to Texas Hydraulics’ ISO 9001 Quality Management System and ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
- Assist in driving safety improvements throughout the facility through use of accident investigations, root cause analysis, and engineering safety into the processes wherever possible
- Provide day-to-day process support to manufacturing floor in area of responsibility. Assist as needed with prototype checks, production builds, equipment maintenance, and product or process troubleshooting
- Evaluate prototype cylinder designs for manufacturability, identifying any special tooling or fixtures required to produce the product
- Evaluate current processes against customer specifications and advise on any gaps to the specification, solutions to the gaps, and timeline for the solutions
- Evaluate current processes for safety, quality, and productivity improvements through the use of continuous improvement activities
- Maintain technical proficiencies with existing technologies and research new technologies
- Review current and future production needs with management as they relate to process improvement and new technology implementation
- Write equipment specifications, justifications, and Capital Expenditure requests. Participate in equipment runoffs, coordinate installations, and release equipment to manufacturing team
- Communicate between internal and external customers in a professional and positive manner
- Assist quality in completing root cause analysis and implementing corrective/preventive actions
- Create, implement, and monitor key performance indicators and metrics
- Implement data collection strategies to get product and process data. Analyze data to make informed decisions regarding product or process changes
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering from a four-year college or university
- 5+ years applicable work experience
- MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio
- Computer Aided Design – AutoCAD, or ProE preferred
- Ability to make sound business decisions based on limited information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of basic Lean tools (5S, VSM, process flow, spaghetti diagrams)
- Understanding of Problem Solving tools (8D, fishbone, 5-whys)
- Excel in both technical and practical problem solving techniques
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints; GD&T a plus
- Ability to read and interpret machine manuals, instructions, procedures, and safety rules
- Ability to operate as an individual contributor as well as a teammate
- Prioritize day-to-day tasks and long-term department goals
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and pressurized hydraulic systems. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- Recruiters must have a current agreement in place with Texas Hydraulics before submitting any candidates for consideration.