Management Information Systems Specialist (Oracle)
Information Systems | Texas Hydraulics - Temple, TX | Full Time
Stability and growth in the same company is possible. Celebrating a half-century in operations, Texas Hydraulics has a proven history of planning and adaptation that helps us maintain a leadership position in our industry year over year. Key to that success is hiring the right people to join our team, combined with a commitment to our long-term employees to provide opportunities for internal advancement, which creates the perfect mix of institutional knowledge and fresh ideas. We are now searching for an Information Systems professional to join our team in a Support/Analytics role for our Oracle environment.
Reporting to the Manager of Information Systems, the person in this role will become a go-to resource for Oracle E-Business Suite Applications questions and report requests. By ensuring Oracle applications are configured to support the various business processes and operations across our functional areas, they will fulfill a key role in our continuous improvement initiatives. This is a high visibility position, working with department heads and senior staff.
Texas Hydraulics offers industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, PTO and a 401k plan with company match.
- Support the implementation and upgrade of Oracle E-Business Suite solutions through project planning, testing, report development and deployment.
- Extract data, then craft and deliver timely, accurate reports from key modules on a scheduled and as requested basis.
- Conduct gap-analysis and work with business leaders to ensure applications current-state supports the user base and business transactions.
- Research, develop and deploy BI dashboards.
- Participate in planning meetings to keep business leaders and stakeholders updated on business process improvement initiatives.
- Manage projects with varying degrees of complexity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Business or Computer Science preferred.
- At least 3 years minimum of direct experience with Oracle E-Business Suite – Releases 12.1.3 and/or 12.2.9 preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the underlying Oracle schema, integration points, data conversion and technology processes.
- Must possess the expertise to troubleshoot and analyze issues that arise in the applications.
- Experience manipulating large data sets in SQL or equivalent, and drawing insights from data.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical users through both written and oral communications.
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to evaluate opportunities for continuous process improvement.
- Must be able to complete thorough and effective systems documentation, and develop and update system procedures.
- Must be self-organized, and be able to define tasks, establish priorities, and implement according to plan. Ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously or collaboratively in a professional and timely manner as required.
- Prior working experience with MS Power BI is a plus.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The above description reflects general details and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
The company is not providing any sponsorship for this role.
The company is not accepting any candidates from external recruiters for this position.