Machinist I (1st Shift)
Production | Hydromotion - Spring City, PA | Full Time
Since 1971, Hydromotion products have been serving customers everywhere electric power, data, or fluids must be carried through rotary joints. We have an excellent industry reputation for quality, reliability and customer focused new product development. The CNC Machinist sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and numerical control (NC) mills and lathes to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts. This position is based onsite at our plant in Spring City, PA.
Hydromotion offers industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, PTO and a 401k plan with company match.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Safely and efficiently operate CNC equipment to produce components at or above established cycle time and quality levels.
- Read, understand and follow blueprints.
- Select, align, and secure fixtures, tools, attachments and materials.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors to run different part numbers.
- Perform in-process inspection, detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjust processes to verify conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Perform manual de-burring as needed.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Complete daily machine up keep and preventative maintenance as directed.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Minimum High School/GED and one to two years related experience.
- Proficient with mircometers, caliphers and/or gages to check accuracy of work.
- Ability to follow safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to set-up and run various machines in the facility or willingness to learn.
- Demonstrate math proficiency as it relates to this job.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and stand for extended periods of time.
- The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- The company is not accepting any candidates from external recruiters for this position.