Machinist (2nd Shift)
Production | Waco, TX | Full Time
In business for 34 years in Waco, TX, Precise Hard Chrome is a grinding and chrome plating facility and a leading supplier of chrome bar and tubing for a wide range of industries ranging from mining to agriculture to construction and aerial utilities.
The demand for our products not only steady, but growing and to meet customer expectations we run two shifts. We are looking to add another Machinist to the 2nd shift. This person will sets up and operate conventional, special purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts.
The position is hourly, full-time with benefits that include Blue Cross, Blue Shield medical, plus dental and vision options, and a 401k with employer match.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Studies blueprints and specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school/GED or technical school; with two to three years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrate Math proficiency as it relates to this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and stand for extended periods of time.