Production | Temple, TX | Full Time
Summary: Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in operating variety of machines to manufacture parts or products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create machining schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
- Computes amounts of stock and supplies required for operations, based on production schedules, and requisitions materials from storage area.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Plans flow of materials through department and develops physical layout of machines according to work orders.
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Inspects and measures parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Directs workers in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products which fail to meet standards.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Develops capital equipment justifications for machine tools and process technology to improve quality, cost, and cycle times.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, Associate's degree (A. A.) preferred, with relevant background with three or more years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Demonstrate Math proficiency as it relates to this job.
Directly supervises 15-25 employees in the Machining Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
NOTE: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.