Junior Mechanical Engineer
Engineering | Texas Hydraulics - Temple, TX | Full Time
Celebrating over a half-century in operations, Texas Hydraulics has a proven history of planning and adaptation that helps us maintain a leadership position in our industry year over year. Key to that success is hiring the right people to join our team, combined with a commitment to our long-term employees to provide opportunities for internal advancement, which creates the perfect mix of institutional knowledge and fresh ideas.
Texas Hydraulics is an industry leader in developing custom hydraulic solutions. The Junior Mechanical Engineer will have responsibilities in New Product Development and/or Sustaining. The right candidate will have a strong background in hydraulics or hydraulic component design. They will also have strong communication skills, and be able to manage their projects with little oversight.
Texas Hydraulics offers industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, PTO and a 401k plan with company match.
Texas Hydraulics is an industry leader in developing custom hydraulic solutions. We are currently looking for a mechanical engineer to join our New Product Development team. The right candidate must have a strong background in the designing of machined and welded components. A comprehensive knowledge of sealing technology and mobile hydraulics is also a strong plus. All team members joining THI must also have strong communication skills, and be able to manage projects with little oversight
- Technical understanding of the design and manufacture of Rotary Actuators
- Experience with engineering CAD and analysis tools (CREO, ANSYS, Windchill etc.)
- Experience with material science applied to mechanical engineering
- Review, develop, and prepare project documentation following industry and internal standards
- Effectively communicate with customers, suppliers and other departments both written and orally.
- Develop DFMEAs and subsequent Test plans in order to mitigate design risks
- Understanding of industry standards (ASTM, ASME, ANSI, ABS, DNV etc…)
- Develop engineering sketches, specifications and related data in order to determine design factors such as size, shape and layout of new designs.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality and Finance in order to ensure designs are streamlined for manufacturability through design reviews
- Evaluate and approve designs and specification changes through continuous improvement
- Be able to assist with reliability testing
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in related field
- 3 years’ experience in rotary actuators or gear design
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written responsibilities
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated and be able to embrace multiple responsibilities simultaneously with minimum guidance
- Able to work without sponsorship
Product Development - Includes hydraulic product planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for development 'activities; Makes self-available to supporting staff;
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information using engineering best practices and tools
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Manages project team activities.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to scalability; Demonstrates knowledge of software and systems.
Computer Skills- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Development software; Design software; Internet software; Project Management software and Database software.
- The above description reflects general details and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- This position is not available for remote work.
- The company is not providing any sponsorship for this role.
- The company is not accepting any candidates from external recruiters for this position.