Information Technology | Temple, TX | Full Time
Stability and growth in the same company is possible. Key to that success is hiring the right people to join our team, combined with a commitment to our long-term employees to provide opportunities for internal advancement, which creates the perfect mix of institutional knowledge and fresh ideas.
After assessing our current department composition, we have created a new position at Texas Hydraulics Holdings for an IT Director who will report to our CFO and guide the development of our infrastructure and hardware/software investments. Responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions for across our business platforms, the IT Director will supervise a team of skilled individuals to meet customer requirements (internal and external), provide support and maintenance of existing applications and identify of new technical solutions to enable our business to grow and improve performance.
The IT Director will be a key partner with business unit leaders and will support multiple functional areas.
Texas Hydraulics offers industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, PTO and a 401k plan with company match.
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommends technical solutions.
- Ensures the consistency and reliability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for support, changes and improvements.
- Directs the IT network specialists and support techs to ensure the highest standards of network and data security and service levels.
- Leads the IT team to instill a strong culture of support towards the business goals.
- Champion of continuous improvement efforts to improve process and efficiencies in all work streams of the business.
- Conduct IT Steering Committee review to organize and gain alignment on priorities for the IT department.
- Build a strong IT team designed to efficiently support the future needs of the business.
- Develop and manage the IT annual budget with a focus on productivity improvements versus end of life replacement.
- Manage IT projects with detailed time lines and implement effective project controls to ensure successful project delivery.
- Organizes and leads the process to evaluate all hardware and software decisions and maintains vendor contracts for IT.
- Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting.
- Responsible for consolidating/integrating IT support functions for acquisitions when they occur.
- First Assignment:
- (A) Define the vision for process capabilities and scalable delivery mechanisms for Voice, Data, Network and Applications necessary to support the needs of the business
- (B) Baseline the current process capabilities and delivery mechanisms
- (C) Provide the roadmap that gets us from B to A in a timely, cost-effective manner
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or related experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive leadership experience within information technology.
- Oracle experience REQUIRED, experience with EPICOR a plus
- Experience managing network infrastructure and help desk support required.
- Experience developing KPIs through dashboards
- RFID systems implementation a plus
Success in this position requires the ability to build a strong partnership within the IT Team and across Business Unit Senior Managers including constant interaction with the operations team. These relationships must be built on respect, integrity, cooperation, teamwork and professionalism.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels within the organization, leadership through influence.
- Clear, precise communication skills.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to evaluate opportunities for continuous process improvement.
- Operations, finance and commercial literacy.
- Ability to organize multiple responsibilities and deliver results in an accurate and timely manner while adapting to changes in priorities.
- Ability to influence and strategically partner with individuals of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the organization.
- Detail and process oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency and follow up skills.
- Leads and/or participates in special projects and assignments as required.
- Intermittent travel as required.
- Maintains the professional standards of the company.
- Appropriate certifications and technical experience including:
- Comp TIA A+
- VMware vSphere
- Azure Active Directory
- Windows 2012R2 – Windows 2016 server
- Help desk administration
- Network security
- Desktop management