Electric Assembler (1st Shift)
Production | Hydromotion - Spring City, PA | Full Time
Since 1971, Hydromotion, an engineering-intensive, customer-focused organization, has brought superior engineering, design, and manufacturing to fluid and electric transition components. We have become established leaders in fluid swivels, along with electric swivels, combination electric / fluid swivels, fire apparatus swivels, and position sensing systems.
In order to keep up with customer demand, we need to add an Electric Assembler to the team, working on first shift. Employees in this role generally assemble, test and repair components to product assemblies.
The position is hourly, full-time with benefits that include Blue Cross, Blue Shield medical, plus dental and vision options, paid holidays, earned PTO and a 401k plan with an employer match. The Assembly Team works Monday thru Thursday on 10 hour days with some Friday and Saturday overtime as scheduled.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Read and follow written instructions and/or prints.
- Use measurement tools to inspect parts.
- Position, align, fit and manually assemble component parts into completed units using hand and power tools.
- Measure, cut, strip and tint wire to specifications.
- Solder wire and connectors as required.
- Install wire sheathing, heat shrinkable insulation and epoxy.
- Test functional performance of completed assemblies using test equipment.
- Stamp or etch serial numbers on metal components.
- Clean parts and assemblies manually and/or by automated equipment.
Experience & Education:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Able to read and understand prints.
- 1 years of assembly experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision for detailed work, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and stand for extended periods of time.