Customer Service Manager
Sales | Texas Hydraulics - Temple, TX | Full Time
Manage a team of dedicated professionals who address day to day customer relationship issues, communicating about shipments and delays, and coordinating with internal parties to ensure that client needs are being addressed, this person is responsible for driving and sustaining customer service levels that exceed our customers’ expectations.
The Customer Service Manager is the Voice of the Customer when interfacing with Operations, Engineering, IT, and Finance. This position requires the use of strong verbal and written communication skills, along with a proven history of working in cross-functional teams to get things done.
This position oversees the functionality of the day-to-day order entry process and works proactively with Production Leadership to ensure that the Customer Service team can provide our clients with timely, accurate information about their order status and build trust-based relationships with key contacts in those client companies.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Embraces the opportunity to act as a change agent, driving process improvements with the order management process, from inquiry to system-entry and delivery/fulfillment.
- Acts as the leading internal advocate for external customers while effectively setting expectations with those contacts as may relate to obstacles impacting the manufacturing and supply chain.
- Partners with Sales to ensure customer inquiries are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Owns data integrity in Oracle. Specifically maintaining accuracy of customer orders and related account information.
- Creates and ensures documented processes are in place driving productivity improvements regarding communication throughout the organization.
- Delivers training and mentoring in the principles of customer service to team and upon request to other customer-facing staff
- Analyzes data collected, makes recommendations and adjustments to optimize performance of the department and to improve
- Performs management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS Degree with 5+ years functioning in a supervisor/team lead role in a manufacturing or commercial industry environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with ISO 9001 or QMS systems
- Prior experience in a customer service environment with demonstrated contributions to the improvement of operational and/or transactional processes
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Additional Desired Experience/Background
- Experience with ERP Systems (Oracle knowledge a plus)
- Experience with creating and managing work flow (work orders)
- Managerial Courage
- Motivating Others
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Drive For Results
- Building Effective Teams
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NOTE: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.