Accounting | Texas Hydraulics - Temple, TX | Full Time
The shared services team for Texas Hydraulics Holdings has opened a new role for Credit Manager, working from our plant location in Temple, Texas.
Reporting to the corporate Accounting Manager and supervising two direct reports, our Credit Manager will support our customers and commercial organization while protecting the company from undue credit risk. This includes managing an efficient credit process that supports sales efforts, minimizes bad debt exposure, and maximizes cash flow through timely collections.
We believe a key to our long-term success is hiring the right people to join our team, combined with a commitment to our long-term employees to provide opportunities for internal advancement. This process creates the perfect mix of institutional knowledge and fresh ideas which helps us strive for continuous process improvement.
Texas Hydraulics offers industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, PTO and a 401k plan with company match.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Continually refine the credit review and approval process used to establish credit limits for customer accounts.
- Establishes and/or recommend credit limitations on customer accounts and handles special credit arrangements and deviations from standard terms of payment.
- Manages collection efforts to ensure timely receipt of payment, including review of aging reports to ascertain status of collections and balances outstanding and take necessary actions on past due accounts.
- Responsible for bad debt exposure and achieving DSO targets for accounts receivable at all business units.
- Assigns worker as necessary to investigate and verify financial status and reputation of prospective customers applying for credit, preparing documents to substantiate findings, and recommending rejection or approval of applications.
- Assigns responsibility for investigation of past due accounts, reconciliation of customer accounts and general problem resolution.
- Monitor invoicing including EDI portals and payment application for all business units including proper application of short pays and discounts.
- Manages the cash application, invoicing and credit issuance processes where applicable.
- Audits delinquent accounts considered to be uncollectible to ensure maximum efforts have been taken before assigning bad debt status to account.
- Review and update corporate credit responsibility as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Background, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with seven years related experience required.
- Excellent computer and technological skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and preferred experience with ERP systems (Oracle/Epicor).
- Proven success in collection efforts in a firm and professional manner.
- Above average math, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Self-starter, can identify gaps in processes and remediate with limited assistance.
- Works effectively in a team environment, within and outside of the Finance Department.
- Consistently operates at the highest levels of integrity and is never willing to compromise with regards to ethical standards.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment and physcial demands described here is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The above description reflects general details and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- The company is not providing any sponsorship for this role.
- The company is not accepting any candidates from external recruiters for this position.