Accounting | Temple, TX | Full Time
Stability and growth in the same company is possible. Celebrating a half-century in operations, Texas Hydraulics has a proven history of planning and adaptation that helps us maintain a leadership position in our industry year over year.
Key to that success is hiring the right people to join our team, combined with a commitment to our long-term employees to provide opportunities for internal advancement, which creates the perfect mix of institutional knowledge and fresh ideas. As we transition to a financial center of excellence model, we have created a new Cost Accountant position for an experienced professional who will report to the Controller for Texas Hydraulics and help us with analysis and planning to identify opportunities to improve our current processes at the plant level.
The Cost Accountant will be a key partner with production leaders and will support multiple functional areas.
Texas Hydraulics offers industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, PTO and a 401k plan with company match.
- Develop, understand, and maintain standard costs
- Ensure accuracy of inventory valuation through data analysis and communication with supply chain, engineering, and operations
- Ability to succinctly report on costs above Gross Profit such as purchase price variance, scrap, production variances, and variable expenses
- Perform month end close activities related to cost accounting including Oracles processes, Oracle reports, journal entries and reconciliations
- Participate in quarterly excess and obsolete inventory review process
- Provide operational business support by delivering timely and relevant information and trend data.
- Ad hoc information requests such as make/buy analysis and projected cost roll impacts
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience related to cost accounting
- Advanced computer skills in Excel with Oracle preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to explain complex accounting to non-accountants
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented and accuracy focused
- Judgement and decision-making ability
- Persuasive and Influential