Production | Temple, TX | Full Time
Celebrating 50 years in business in 2018, Texas Hydraulics is a leading manufacturer of hydraulic cylinders, swivels and chrome plating. We enjoy that reputation because of the strength of our people - some of whom have been working in production for over 40 years.
We are looking for three people to join our second shift team as CNC Machinist/Operators. If you know how to properly setup and operate the Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Multi-task machines and maintain knowledge of codes and input them into the CNC machines for production, maintaining precise and accurate measurements, we are interested in hearing from you.
Texas Hydraulics offers industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability and a 401k plan with company match.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Training / Experience:
- Minimum High School/GED or Technical school or one to two years related experience.
- Ability to follow safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrate math proficiency as it relates to this job
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and stand for extended periods of time.
- Recruiters must have a current agreement in place with Texas Hydraulics before submitting any candidates for consideration.