CNC Machinist II
Production | Hydromotion - Spring City, PA | Full Time
Since 1971, Hydromotion, an engineering-intensive, customer-focused organization, has brought superior engineering, design, and manufacturing to fluid and electric transition components. We have become established leaders in fluid swivels, electric swivels, combination electric / fluid swivels, fire apparatus swivels, and position sensing systems.
We want to add one more person to Production team to help us keep up with customer demand and address an experience gap in our Machinist group. The Machinist II will be able to program, set up and operate CNC (computer numerical controlled) mills, lathes, verticals or horizontals.
The position is hourly, full-time with benefits that include BCBS medical plans, dental and vision options, paid holidays, earned PTO and a 401k plan with an employer match. The Production Team works Monday thru Thursday (10 hour days) with some Friday overtime when needed to meet customer demand.
- Safely and efficiently operate CNC equipment.
- Read, understand and follow prints.
- Productively operate machine to produce components at or above established cycle time and quality level.
- Change, touch off and adjust off-sets as necessary to maintain dimensions.
- Perform set-up and change over required to run differing part numbers
- The ability to set-up and run various machines within the facility
- The ability to write machining programs for new production component part numbers.
- Load raw material and unload parts.
- Perform manual de-burring as needed.
- Perform in-process inspection of machined components.
- Verify parts for conformance to specification using measuring devices.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Complete daily machine up keep and preventative maintenance as defined.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Proficient with micrometers, calipers and/or gages to check accuracy of work.
- Demonstrate math proficiency as it relates to this job.
- Ability to follow safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to set-up and run various machines in the facility or willingness to learn.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee must be able to work in an unair-conditioned shop environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Safety shoes and glasses are required.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, reach with hands/arms (including overhead), push/pull to move product using a pallet jack. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and stand for extended periods of time (10 hours).
- The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- The company is not accepting any candidates from external recruiters for this position.