Supply Chain | Texas Hydraulics - Temple, TX | Full Time
Stability and growth in the same company is possible. Celebrating a half-century in operations, Texas Hydraulics has a proven history of planning and adaptation that helps us maintain a leadership position in our industry year over year. Key to that success is hiring the right people to join our team, combined with a commitment to our long-term employees to provide opportunities for internal advancement, which creates the perfect mix of institutional knowledge and fresh ideas. We have created an opening for a Buyer who will report to our Senior Buyer and help us to tackle the next stage of process refinement, sourcing and negotiations to keep our production floor provisioned.
The Buyer is responsible for procurement planning, working capital management and administration for the assigned portion of domestic and international procurement of direct and indirect material supporting Texas Hydraulics production and sales. This position will require collaboration with the engineering and sales team to balance priorities and meet customer demands in a changing and flexible environment while maintaining compliance. Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies and lean tools will be a key part of successfully reducing waste within the supply chain.
Texas Hydraulics offers industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, PTO and a 401k plan with company match.
- Purchasing planning in a high mix / mid-volume environment
- Participate in Sourcing Strategy development / execution including supplier selection
- Develop a savings funnel for assigned commodities and execute tasks to achieve committed savings plans.
- Prepare & Conduct Commercial Negotiations within assigned supply base
- Understanding of inventory control/management
- Utilize continuous improvement tools to reduce waste/costs
- Produce working documents, procurement reports or procedures/ work instructions
- Trend and track procurement performance and implement countermeasures to ensure fair market value is understood and realized.
- Contribute to and participate in Make/Buy decisions.
- Root Cause Analysis of missed targets, able to drive action plans to address the root cause
- Responsible for aiding in own self-development by being available and receptive to all training made available by the company
- Participate in supplier visits/evaluations with supply chain management to determine suitability.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- BA/BS Degree in applicable field
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment with progressive responsibility
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement Methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, TOC) preferred
- Commercial negotiations experience
- Advanced knowledge of tools & processes used in material requirements planning
- Experience working with ERP systems – (Oracle knowledge a plus)
- Experience working with ISO 9001 or QMS systems
- Five plus years sourcing including supplier selection & negotiations
- Experience with steel suppliers/mills & outsourcing portfolios preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to multitask and deliver expected results
- Demonstrate responsibility, respect, dependability, patience, and productivity in order to create a positive work environment
- Influential leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated project management experience
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The above description reflects general details and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
The company is not providing any sponsorship for this role.