Production | Hydromotion - Spring City, PA | Full Time
Since 1971, Hydromotion products have been serving customers everywhere electric power, data, or fluids must be carried through rotary joints. We have an excellent industry reputation for quality, reliability and customer focused new product development. This position is based onsite at our plant in Spring City, PA and reports to our Director of Supply Chain.
The Buyer is responsible for procurement planning, generating and follow-up on Purchase Orders and working capital management for the assigned portion of domestic and international spend. This position requires collaboration with receiving, external suppliers, corporate supply chain and production management to balance priorities and meet customer demands in a changing and flexible environment. Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies and lean tools are key to drive success in this role where accountability is maintained through the Daily Management process and report outs on metrics to top management.
Hydromotion offers industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, PTO and a 401k plan with company match.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Creating & launching Purchase Orders & blanket order releases requesting delivery of appropriate materials based on MRP planning output.
- Maintaining vendor promise dates on outstanding Purchase Orders, inquiring on status for past due purchase orders.
- Coordinating quality transactions including transacting vendor returns (RTV)
- Follow-up & release workflow messages indicating PO/receipt discrepancies in incoming receipt quantities.
- Maintaining material planning parameters in corporate ERP system including: lead times, confirmed dates, safety stock, vendor assignments, etc.
- Utilizing continuous improvement tools to reduce waste/costs
- Producing working documents, procurement reports or procedures/ work instructions
- Root Cause Analysis of missed targets, able to drive action plans to address the root cause
- Responsible for aiding in own self-development by being available and receptive to all training made available by the company.
Required Education and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with progressive responsibility
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement Methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, TOC) preferred
- Knowledge of tools & processes used in material requirements planning
- Experience with ERP systems – Specifically Oracle
- Experience working with ISO 9001 or QMS systems
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to multitask and deliver expected results
- Demonstrate responsibility, respect, dependability, patience, and productivity in order to create a positive work environment
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is minimal.
- Safety shoes and safety glasses are required.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
We are not accepting any recruiter submissions for this role.
We are not providing any visa sponsorship for this role.