Internal Application: Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounting | Temple, TX | Full Time
Stability and growth in the same company is possible. Key to that success is hiring the right people to join our team, combined with a commitment to our long-term employees to provide opportunities for internal advancement, which creates the perfect mix of institutional knowledge and fresh ideas.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will get exposure to multiple business units, supporting senior leaders and department heads as a trusted resource. Previous position holders have frequently advanced to other roles in the Finance department, so the potential for career progression starting from this role is high.
We expect the Accounts Payable Specialist to accurately post invoices after ensuring proper coding and approval has been obtained. As a public face of the company, the person in this role is also expected to support some general office functions - greeting visitors, sorting mail, fielding the occasional phone inquiry, etc.
Texas Hydraulics offers industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, PTO and a 401k plan with company match.
- Post vendor invoices after obtaining proper approvals and coding
- Monitor unvouchered receipts report to ensure timely posting of invoices
- Call vendors to obtain and reconcile statements
- Filing invoices and other general accounts payable admin responsibilities
- Work with purchasing to resolve discrepancies on purchase orders
- Assist with general administrative work
- Answer phones
- Greet visitors and answer main office line
- Sort and distribute mail
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years’ experience posting AP invoices
- Other data entry experience may be considered on a case by case basis
- Advanced computer skills in Excel, Oracle preferred, and Microsoft Office
- Experience with Epicor is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organization, detail-orientation, and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Action oriented
- Ability and willingness to learn and take on more responsibility