Veterinary Recovery Clinic Technician
Animal Wellness | Leander, TX | Full Time
Recovery Clinic Technician (Full-time average 36 hours per week, Mon & Wed 9a.m.-1:00 p.m., Tue & Thurs 7:45 a.m.- 5:45 p.m.It also requires two Saturday’s a month from 8:30-11:30) $11.00 per hour.
Texas Humane Heroes (TXHH) is a private, non-profit organization with a vision to build a community where every pet has a lifetime home. TXHH is a dynamic, growth-oriented organization that operates two adoption centers located in Killeen, Texas and our headquarters located at 10930 E. Crystal Falls Parkway, Leander, Texas.
This position works to ensure the wellbeing of both our program animals and our clinic patients. On spay and neuter surgery days, the position is the Recovery Technician. On non-clinic days, the position is responsible for preparing the surgery room and all necessary items needed. Twice a month this person will assist at vaccination clinics in Killeen and Leander on Saturdays. The person in this position will understand and be able to communicate Texas Humane Heroes mission, vision and goals, follow cleaning protocols, handle animals safely, and exhibit a positive and professional attitude. The position is responsible for the health, care, and wellbeing of all animals that are in the care of Texas Humane Heroes, for the entire duration of the time they are in our care, as well as public animals that are in our care during surgery and clinic days.
Please know that this position is physically demanding. Approximately four or more hours each day are dedicated to deep cleaning of kennels and clinic.
Recovery Technician reports to the Clinic Supervisor.
Key Responsibilities on surgery days:
Primary function- monitors postoperative recovery
- Assist Gopher Technician during Patient Check In Process
- Examine animal’s overall health
- Weigh each animal and record
- Set up Recovery Station
- Assist in Transporting Animals in Clinic and perform needed services
- To and from front desk/kennels/surgery tables
- Monitor animal’s vital signs
- Remove intubation tube
- Administer Vaccinations and preventatives
- Microchip animals
- Nail trims
- Review Paperwork to Ensure All Services are Provided
- Assist in Counseling Client’s during Checkout Process
- Clean and Organize Clinic
Key Responsibilities on non-surgery days:
Preparing the surgery room and all necessary items
- Prepare instrument packs
- Clean and organize clinic
- Clean and set up any dirty kennels
- Set up recovery station
- Assist clinic manager
Education/ Work Experience:
- Experience working in a high volume spay/neuter clinic preferred
- Must possess strong organizational, customer service, oral and written communication skills and be able to work effectively in a team environment with other medical professionals
- Prior experience in an animal shelter/recuse environment preferred.
- High degree of mobility required including bending, stretching, kneeling
- Ability to lift 40+lbs frequently
- Frequent contact and handling of animals