Animal Care Specialist
Adoption | Leander, TX | Part Time
Title: Animal Care Specialist, (part-time position)
If you’re looking for an opportunity to do work that really matters, where your personal drive and passion result in better lives for countless dogs and cats, then Texas Humane Heroes wants to hear from you! In this role, you’ll safely work with dogs and cats, keep them fresh and clean, and exhibit a positive and energetic attitude while sharing Texas Humane Heroes mission, vision and goals with the community.
This position is physical and requires light to medium lifting, so if you want to knock out your workout on the job, this may be the position for you. You’ll need to be able to work on the weekends when the most people visit our adoption center to adopt! On those busy days, the ability to prioritize, balance and manage multiple efforts is imperative to making the biggest impact.
- Care, Feeding, & Wellness of Animals: Work with dogs and cats in a positive and safe manner.
- Cleaning and organizing Paw Pad, Canine Corral, Kitty Kondos, Kitty Korner and Intake following cleaning and disease prevention procedures. Taking pride in how the adoption center looks, feels and smells. Going above and beyond for the animals, customers and organization.
- Having the adoption areas cleaned and organized by opening
- Noticing sick or injured animals and immediately reporting it for review
- Observe and understand basic dog and cat body language
- Enter/Exit kennels safely and attend Dog Handling Class
- Knowledge and utilization of policies to keep the animals safe in different weather conditions
- Maintain solid coordination and communications with team
- Learn adoption counseling process